19 April 1995 |
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Weight||180 lb (82 kg; 12 st 12 lb)|
|NHL Draft||99th overall, 2013
Juuse Saros (born 19 April 1995) is a Finnish professional ice hockey goaltender for the Nashville Predators of the National Hockey League (NHL). Saros was selected by the Predators in the fourth round (99th overall) of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
He was born in Forssa, but grew up in Hämeenlinna, He played his entire youth career and first three professional seasons with hometown club, HPK of the Liiga. On 16 June 2015, Saros was signed to a three-year entry-level contract with the Nashville Predators.
Saros was named to the 2012–13 Jr. A SM-Liiga All-Star Team and was a member of Team Finland at the IIHF U18 World Junior Championships where he was named the tournament's Best Goaltender.
Saros was on the Finland Team in the 2014 IIHF Ice Hockey Championships.
Saros made his NHL debut on November 28, 2015, against the Buffalo Sabres. He won his first NHL game on October 22, 2016, against the Pittsburgh Penguins. Saros recorded his first NHL shutout on December 30, 2016, making 25 saves against the St. Louis Blues.
Regular season and playoffs
Awards and honours
|Jr. A SM-Liiga All-Star Team||2012–13|||
- "Predators sign 2013 draftee Juuse Saros". Nashville Predators. 2015-06-16. Retrieved 2015-06-16.
- "Finnish goaltender Saros making his mark". National Hockey League. 2013-05-03. Retrieved 2013-05-06.
- Bratten, Brooks (29 November 2015). "Saros Makes NHL Debut, Preds Fall to Sabres". NHL.com. Retrieved 23 October 2016.
- "Fiala, Arvidsson score 2 each as Predators beat Penguins 5-1". The Bellingham Herald. 22 October 2016. Retrieved 23 October 2016.
- Korac, Louie (31 December 2016). "Nashville Predators - St. Louis Blues - December 30, 2016". NHL.com.
- "U20 SM-liiga All-Star Team". eliteprospects.com. 2013-03-01. Retrieved 2013-03-01.
- Career statistics and player information from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Finnish ice hockey player is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|