Location of Juva in Finland
|• Municipal manager||Heikki Laukkanen|
|• Total||1,345.69 km2 (519.57 sq mi)|
|• Land||1,163.23 km2 (449.13 sq mi)|
|• Water||182.32 km2 (70.39 sq mi)|
|Area rank||62nd largest in Finland|
|• Rank||151st largest in Finland|
|• Density||5.38/km2 (13.9/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||98.6% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||14.2%|
|• 15 to 64||60.9%|
|• 65 or older||24.8%|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||19.75%|
It is located in the Southern Savonia region some 270 kilometres (170 mi) North-East of Helsinki. It was founded on 19 January 1442, and is the oldest parish/municipality in Finland whose exact date of birth is known. At the time, it was only the second parish in Eastern Finland, and later, several other parishes were separated from it, such as Sääminki, (present-day Savonlinna), Kuopio, Pieksämäki and Joroinen. Secular municipal administration was established in 1868.
The municipality has a population of 6,259 (31 August 2018) and covers an area of 1,345.69 square kilometres (519.57 sq mi) of which 182.32 km2 (70.39 sq mi) is water. The population density is 5.38 inhabitants per square kilometre (13.9/sq mi). It is mainly an agricultural community, but possesses also some industries, notably WS Bookwell, a major printing press in Finland. The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
Lake Jukajärvi is located in Juva municipality.
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Ennakkoväkiluku kuukausittain sukupuolen mukaan alueittain, elokuu 2018" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 21 October 2018.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Niiranen, Esko (17 September 2007). "Pitkä historia" (in Finnish). Municipality of Juva. Retrieved 7 April 2009.
Media related to Juva at Wikimedia Commons
- Municipality of Juva – Official website
|This Eastern Finland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|