Amge in 2011
16 December 1993|
Nagpur, Maharashtra, India
|Known for||World's smallest living woman|
|Height||2 ft 1 in (0.64 m)|
Following Amge's 18th birthday on 21 December 2011, she was officially declared the world's smallest woman by Guinness World Records with a height of 62.8 centimetres (2 ft 0.6 in). Her restricted height is due to a growth abnormality called achondroplasia.
Amge was featured in the 2009 documentary entitled Body Shock: Two Foot Tall Teen. She was also a guest participant on Bigg Boss 6, an Indian television show. On 13 August 2014, she was cast in the fourth season of American Horror Story: Freak Show as Ma Petite.
Her wax statue is also present in Celebrity Wax Museum, Lonavala.
|2009||Body Shock||Herself||Episode- Two feet high teen|
|2012–2013||Bigg Boss 6||Herself||Guest appearance|
|2014–2015||American Horror Story: Freak Show||Ma Petite||12 episodes|
- "New world's smallest woman: Ten things you need to know about Jyoti Amge". Guinness World Records. 14 December 2011. Retrieved 16 December 2015.
Born on 16 December 1993, in Jaipur Jyoti measures 61.95 cm (2 ft) tall
- "Tiny Teenager Stands Tall Despite Her Height of 23 Inches". foxnews.com. Fox News Channel. 9 April 2008. Retrieved 20 July 2008.
- Guinness World Records
- "World's shortest man, woman meet for first time". foxnews.com. 29 August 2012. Retrieved 13 March 2013.
- Bucksbaum, Sydney (13 August 2014). "Meet American Horror Story: Freak Show's Newest Addition: Jyoti Amge, the World's Smallest Woman!". E!. Retrieved 14 August 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jyoti Amge.|
- Jyoti Amge on IMDb
- World's Smallest Woman, Jyoti Amge, releases the World's Biggest Book in Jaipur City
- Rediff Slide Show
- Sun news article about Jyoti
| Shortest Recognized Woman