In differential geometry, a Kähler–Einstein metric on a complex manifold is a Riemannian metric that is both a Kähler metric and an Einstein metric. A manifold is said to be Kähler–Einstein if it admits a Kähler–Einstein metric. The most important special case of these are the Calabi–Yau manifolds, which are Kähler and Ricci-flat.
The most important problem for this area is the existence of Kähler–Einstein metrics for compact Kähler manifolds.
In the case in which there is a Kähler metric, the Ricci curvature is proportional to the Kähler metric. Therefore, the first Chern class is either negative, or zero, or positive.
When the first Chern class is negative, Aubin and Yau proved that there is always a Kähler–Einstein metric.
When the first Chern class is zero, Yau proved the Calabi conjecture that there is always a Kähler–Einstein metric. Shing-Tung Yau was awarded with his Fields medal because of this work. That leads to the name Calabi–Yau manifolds.
The third case, the positive or Fano case, is the hardest. In this case, there is a non-trivial obstruction to existence. In 2012, Chen, Donaldson, and Sun proved that in this case existence is equivalent to an algebro-geometric criterion called K-stability. Their proof appeared in a series of articles in the Journal of the American Mathematical Society. 
When first Chern class is not definite, or we have intermediate Kodaira dimension, then finding canonical metric remained as an open problem, which is called as Algebrization conjecture via Analytical Minimal Model Program . Unifying Geometrization conjecture with algebrization conjecture and Analyzation conjecture referred as Song-Tian Program 
- Chen, Xiuxiong; Donaldson, Simon; Sun, Song Kähler-Einstein metrics on Fano manifolds. I: Approximation of metrics with cone singularities. J. Amer. Math. Soc. 28 (2015), no. 1, 183–197.
- Chen, Xiuxiong; Donaldson, Simon; Sun, Song Kähler-Einstein metrics on Fano manifolds. II: Limits with cone angle less than 2π . J. Amer. Math. Soc. 28 (2015), no. 1, 199–234.
- Chen, Xiuxiong; Donaldson, Simon; Sun, Song Kähler-Einstein metrics on Fano manifolds. III: Limits as cone angle approaches 2π and completion of the main proof. J. Amer. Math. Soc. 28 (2015), no. 1, 235–278.
- Jian Song, Gang Tian, The Kahler-Ricci flow through singularities, https://arxiv.org/abs/0909.4898
- (time 21:30)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNgUQlpc1m0
- Moroianu, Andrei (2007). Lectures on Kähler Geometry. London Mathematical Society Student Texts. 69. Cambridge. ISBN 978-0-521-68897-0.
|This Differential geometry related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|