This article does not cite any sources. (December 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
It is located in the province of Western Finland and is part of the Central Ostrobothnia region. The former municipality had a population of 4,475 (2003) and covered an area of 682.36 km2 (263.46 sq mi) of which 14.68 km2 (5.67 sq mi) was water. The population density was 6.6 inhabitants per square kilometer (17.1/mi²).
The former municipality was unilingually Finnish.
- Asser Stenbäck, doctor and politician
- Esa Riippa, print-maker
- Ilkka Uusitalo, diplomat
- Kauno Kleemola, politician
- Lars Sonck, architect
- Lucina Hagman, teacher and Member of the Parliament of Finland
- Matti Korkiala, pop singer
- Odert W. Renell, architect
- Raimo Kero, singer
- Viljo Elomaa, athlete
- Väinö Siirilä, playwright
Media related to Kälviä at Wikimedia Commons
|This Western Finland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|