Kärsämäki Church (Paanukirkko)
Location of Kärsämäki in Finland
|• Town manager||Riitta Hokkanen|
|• Total||695.94 km2 (268.70 sq mi)|
|• Land||694.81 km2 (268.27 sq mi)|
|• Water||6.06 km2 (2.34 sq mi)|
|Area rank||121st largest in Finland|
|• Rank||243rd largest in Finland|
|• Density||3.82/km2 (9.9/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||99.3% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||18.6%|
|• 15 to 64||61.1%|
|• 65 or older||20.4%|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Municipal tax rate||20.75%|
It is located in the province of Oulu and is part of the Northern Ostrobothnia region. The municipality has a population of 2,656 (31 March 2016) and covers an area of 695.94 square kilometres (268.70 sq mi) of which 6.06 km2 (2.34 sq mi) is water. The population density is 3.82 inhabitants per square kilometre (9.9/sq mi). Neighbour municipalities are Haapajärvi, Haapavesi, Pyhäjärvi, Pyhäntä and Siikalatva.
The name Kärsämäki means literally "snout hill".
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
Most common soil type is till.
Over 60% of area is swamp. Bigges swamps are Kärsämäenneva, Lauttaneva, Onkineva and Vellihonganneva.
Pyhäjoki river flows through municipality.
- "Population density by area 1.1.2016". Statistics Finland. Retrieved 12 February 2017.
- "Ennakkoväkiluku sukupuolen mukaan alueittain, maaliskuu.2016" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
|This Oulu Province location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|