|Active||1912–November 28, 1912|
|Garrison/HQ||Kırcaali (present day: Kardzhali)
İskeçe (present day: Xanthi)
|Patron||Sultans of the Ottoman Empire|
|Engagements||Battle of Kırcaali|
|Mehmed Yaver Pasha|
The Kırcaali Detachment of the Ottoman Empire (Modern Turkish: Kırcaali Müfrezesi or Kırcaali Kolordusu ) was one of the Detachments under the command of the Ottoman Eastern Army. It was formed in Kırcaali (present day: Kardzhali) area during the First Balkan War.
Order of Battle, October 17, 1912
On October 17, 1912, the detachment was structured as follows:
- Kırcaali Detachment HQ (Thrace, under the command of the Eastern Army)
- Kırcaali Redif Division
- Kırcaali Müstahfız (Home Guard) Division (provisional)
- 36th Infantry Regiment
- Edward J. Erickson, Defeat in Detail, The Ottoman Army in the Balkans, 1912–1913, Westport, Praeger, 2003, p. 152.
- M. Türker Acaroğlu, Bulgaristan Türkleri Üzerine Araştırmalar, Cilt 1, Kültür Bakanlığı, 1999, p. 198. (in Turkish)
- Edward J. Erickson, Defeat in Detail, The Ottoman Army in the Balkans, 1912–1913, Westport, Praeger, 2003, p. 83.
|This Ottoman Empire-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|