|Height||1.87 m (6 ft 2 in)|
Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ (Turkish pronunciation: [kɯˈvantʃ ˈtatɫɯtuː]; born 27 October 1983) is a Turkish actor, model, and former basketball player. He is one of the highest-paid actors in Turkey and has won several accolades, including three Golden Butterfly Awards and a Yeşilçam Cinema Award. Tatlıtuğ won the pageants of Best Model of Turkey and Best Model of the World in 2002.
Tatlıtuğ has established himself as a leading actor of Turkey with roles in several of the highly successful television series, that includes Menekşe ile Halil (2007–2008), Aşk-ı Memnu (2008–2010), Kuzey Güney (2011–2013) and Cesur ve Güzel (2016–2017), all of which garnered him critical acclaim and international recognition, portraying researcher Arman in the Netflix original series Into the Night (2021) and Yakamoz S-245 (2022).
Early life and family
Tatlıtuğ was born on 27 October 1983, in Adana, to Erdem and Nurten Tatlıtuğ. His mother is Turkish from Edirne. His paternal grandfather is Albanian from Pristina. His paternal grandmother is Bosniak from Sarajevo. He has said that he was born and raised in Adana and that his family has had a bakery business in the city for more than a hundred years. He stated that he is a Muslim by religion, and was seen praying on Eid. He studied at Yenice Çağ Private High School, where he excelled in basketball. Due to his father's illness, the family moved to Istanbul so that his father could receive proper treatment. In Istanbul, he joined the Beşiktaş, Fenerbahçe, Ülkerspor, "Fiskobirlik", "Güney Sanayi", "Çukurova Kulübü", "Devlet Su İşleri" and "Tarsus Amerikan Kulübü" clubs as a professional U18 basketball player. Due to a dislocated leg, he left basketball. He graduated from Istanbul Kultur University in 2013. He married stylist Başak Dizer on 19 February 2016 at the Turkish embassy in Paris. The couple's first child, a son named Kurt Efe, was born in April 2022. A sculpture of Tatlıtuğ has been displayed in Madame Tussauds Istanbul.
He acted in the comedy film Amerikalılar Karadenizde 2, which was directed by Kartal Tibet. He provided the voice of Ken for the Turkish dubbed version of Toy Story 3. Tatlıtuğ played the poet Muzaffer Tayyip Uslu in the drama film Kelebeğin Rüyası with Farah Zeynep Abdullah. Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ won Yeşilçam Cinema Awards for Best Actor in a Leading Role and other awards for his performance as Muzaffer Tayyip Uslu.
He played as Arman in the Netflix surreal series Into the Night and Yakamoz S-245.
Kıvanç hosted some pageants and shows. He starred in Gümüş as the character Mehmet Şadoğlu. He had guest role in fantasy series Acemi Cadı of Turkish version "Sabrina Teenage Witch" with Merve Boluğur for second time. He has also starred in other shows such as Menekşe ile Halil, where he played alongside of Sedef Avcı. In the series Aşk-ı Memnu, Kıvanç shared the leading role with Beren Saat.
A turning point in Tatlıtuğ's career was when he played as Sekiz in Ezel. Since 2011, he has portrayed Kuzey Tekinoğlu in the Kanal D drama series Kuzey Güney, which ended in June 2013. He won two Golden Butterfly Awards for Best Actor in a Leading Role for his performance in Aşk-ı Memnu and "Kuzey ve Güney". He later acted in the historical series Kurt Seyit ve Şura with Farah Zeynep Abdullah in 2014 and in Cesur ve Güzel with Tuba Büyüküstün in 2016–2017 as Cesur Alemdaroğlu. With Elçin Sangu, Onur Saylak, he played in crime series Çarpışma.
|2007||Amerikalılar Karadenizde 2||Muzaffer||Main role|
|2010||Toy Story 3 (Turkish dubbed version)||Ken||Voice acting|
|2013||Kelebeğin Rüyası||Muzaffer Tayyip Uslu||Main role|
|2018||Hadi Be Oğlum||Ali||Main role|
|2018||Organize İşler: Sazan Sarmalı||Sarı Saruhan|
|2022||Âşıklar Bayramı||Yusuf||Main role|
|2023||Boğa Boğa||Yalın||Main role|
|2021||Into the Night||Arman||Guest; Season 2|
|2022||Yakamoz S-245||Main role|
|2005–2007||Gümüş||Mehmet Şadoğlu||Main role|
|2006||Acemi Cadi||Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ||One episode|
|2007–2008||Menekşe ile Halil||Halil Tuğlu||Main role|
|2008–2010||Aşk-ı Memnu||Behlül Haznedar||Main role|
|2010||Ezel||Sekiz/Ramiz Karaeski||Few episodes|
|2011–2013||Kuzey Güney||Kuzey Tekinoğlu||Main role|
|2014||Kurt Seyit ve Şura||Kurt Seyit||Main role|
|2016–2017||Cesur ve Güzel||Cesur Alemdaroğlu||Main role|
|2018–2019||Çarpışma||Kadir Adalı||Main role|
|2023–||Aile||Aslan Soykan||Main role|
Awards and nominations
- ^ "Tatlıtuğ-Dizer çifti Paris'te evlendi". Milliyet. Archived from the original on 21 February 2016. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- ^ "Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ 32 yaşında". www.hurriyet.com.tr.
- ^ "Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ'u bir de böyle görün!". Gecce.com.
- ^ "James Cameron complimenting Kivanc Tatlitug". Istanbul view. 31 January 2011. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- ^ "Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ kimdir hayatı". Mailce.com. Archived from the original on 29 May 2017. Retrieved 25 February 2017.
- ^ a b Melisa, Yasemin; Eyiakkan, Ener (20 October 2020). "Netflix Ramping Up Investment In Turkey With 10 New Exhilarating Projects". Netflix Media Center.
- ^ "Kivanc Tatlitug in " Isiltilar " Program CNN TURK ( Part 1 )". YouTube. 21 December 2010. Archived from the original on 21 December 2021. Retrieved 24 November 2016.
- ^ "Shqiptarët në Turqi, të famshëm dhe krenar - Shekulli Online". Shekulli.com.al. 4 April 2013. Archived from the original on 21 September 2016. Retrieved 24 November 2016.
- ^ "Video/ Aktori turk Kivanç Tatlitug pranon se është shqiptar …. - Zëri i Luginës". Zerilugines.com. 26 July 2013. Archived from the original on 10 September 2016. Retrieved 24 November 2016.
- ^ Magazina / TV / Film. "Aktori Kivanç Tatlitug e pranon me krenari origjinën: Po jam kosovar (Video)". Telegrafi. Retrieved 24 November 2016.
- ^ TheAlbanian.co.uk (19 November 2016). "Video/ Aktori turk Kivanç Tatlitug pranon se është shqiptar …". Thealbanian.co.uk. Archived from the original on 21 October 2016. Retrieved 24 November 2016.
- ^ "Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ Kimdir? - Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ Hayatı ve Biyografisi". Haberler. Retrieved 6 April 2023.
- ^ "My father's mother is from Sarajevo". YouTube. Archived from the original on 21 December 2021. Retrieved 11 April 2021.
- ^ "HANGİ ÜNLÜ NERELİ / 6 - Magazin Foto Galeri". Kelebekgaleri.hurriyet.com.tr. Retrieved 24 November 2016.
- ^ "HANGİ ÜNLÜ NERELİ / 7 - Magazin Foto Galeri". Kelebekgaleri.hurriyet.com.tr. Retrieved 24 November 2016.
- ^ "Profil: Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ". 22dakika.org. Retrieved 25 February 2017.
- ^ "Are Turkish Actors or Actresses Muslims?". Geeks - Vocal Media. Archived from the original on 5 December 2022. Retrieved 16 September 2022.
Kivanc is a Muslim too. He got fame through a renewed Turkish drama "Forbidden Love" He was also seen praying during Eid in Istanbul.
- ^ "Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ sakatlandı | Magazin Haberleri". Haberturk.com. 19 March 2016. Retrieved 25 February 2017.
- ^ "Ünlülerin mezun olduğu üniversiteler - CNN TÜRK - tarafsız güvenilir haberler". Cnnturk.com. Retrieved 25 February 2017.
- ^ "Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ'un oğlu Kurt Efe dünyaya geldi". Milliyet. 15 April 2022. Retrieved 16 April 2022.
- ^ "KIVANÇ TATLITUĞ". Madame Tussauds. Archived from the original on 7 February 2018. Retrieved 24 August 2019.
- ^ "Netflix'ten yeni dizi: Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ'un dizisi 'Yakamoz S-245' izleyiciyle buluştu". www.cumhuriyet.com.tr. Retrieved 6 April 2023.
- ^ "Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ dizileri: Her şey Acemi Cadı ile başladı..." Mynet Trend. Retrieved 6 April 2023.
- ^ "Çarpışma dizisine böyle veda ettiler! Onur Saylak, Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ, Elçin Sangu ve Alperen Duymaz'dan final paylaşımları!". Mynet Magazin. Retrieved 6 April 2023.
- ^ "Loading..." e5haber.com.
- ^ "Büşra Develi, Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ'un partneri oldu". ntv.tr (in Turkish). 15 September 2017. Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ at IMDb
- Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ at the SinemaTürk