This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Tatlıtuğ at the Tribeca Film Festival, 2009
|Born||27 October 1983|
Başak Dizer (m. 2016)
Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ (Turkish pronunciation: [kɯˈvantʃ ˈtatɫɯtuː]; born 27 October 1983) is a Turkish actor, model, and former basketball player. He is one of the highest-paid actors in Turkey and has won many awards, including three Golden Butterfly Awards and a Yeşilçam Cinema Award. Tatlıtuğ won the pageants Best Model of Turkey and Best Model of the World in 2002. Tatlıtuğ has established himself as a leading actor of Turkey with roles in several of the highly successful television series, that includes Menekşe ile Halil (2007–2008), Aşk-ı Memnu (2008–2010), Kuzey Güney (2011–2013) and Cesur ve Güzel (2016–2017), all of which garnered him critical acclaim and international recognition. In addition to these, Tatlıtuğ has also attracted praise from international directors such as James Cameron.
Early life and family
Tatlıtuğ was born on 27 October 1983, in Adana, to Erdem and Nurten Tatlıtuğ. During an interview he has stated that his father is Albanian from the city of Pristina. He has said that he was born and raised in Adana and that his family has had a bakery business in the city for more than a hundred years. He studied at Yenice Çağ Private High School, where he excelled in basketball. Due his father's illness, the family moved to Istanbul so that his father could receive proper treatment. In Istanbul, he joined the Beşiktaş, Fenerbahçe, Ülkerspor, "Fiskobirlik", "Güney Sanayi", "Çukurova Kulübü", "Devlet Su İşleri" and "Tarsus Amerikan Kulübü" clubs as a professional U18 basketball player. Due to a dislocated leg, he left basketball. He graduated from Istanbul Kultur University in 2013. He married stylist Başak Dizer on 19 February 2016 at the Turkish embassy in Paris. A sculpture of boom is in Madame Tussauds Istanbul.
Kıvanç hosted some pageants and shows. He starred in Gümüş as the character Mehmet Şadoğlu. He acted in the comedy film Americans at the Black Sea, which was directed by Kartal Tibet. He has also starred in other shows such as Menekşe ile Halil, where he played alongside of Sedef Avcı. In the series Aşk-ı Memnu, Kıvanç shared the leading role with Beren Saat. He provided the voice of Ken for the Turkish dubbed version of Toy Story 3.
A turning point in Tatlıtuğ's career was when he played as Sekiz in Ezel. Since 2011, he has portrayed Kuzey Tekinoğlu in the Kanal D drama series Kuzey Güney, which ended in June 2013. He won two Golden Butterfly Awards for Best Actor in a Leading Role for his performance in Aşk-ı Memnu and "Kuzey ve Güney". Tatlıtuğ played the poet Muzaffer Tayyip Uslu in the drama film Kelebeğin Rüyası with Farah Zeynep Abdullah. Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ won Yeşilçam Cinema Awards for Best Actor in a Leading Role and other awards for his performance as Muzaffer Tayyip Usl. He acted TV series "Kurt Seyit ve Şura" with Farah Zeynep Abdullah for second time in 2014 and Cesur ve Güzel with Tuba Büyüküstün in 2016 to 2017 as Cesur Alemdaroğlu.
|2007||Americans at the Black Sea||Muzaffer||Main role|
|2010||Toy Story 3 (Turkish dubbed version)||Ken||Voice acting|
|2013||Kelebeğin Rüyası||Muzaffer Tayyip Uslu||Main role|
|2018||Hadi Be Oğlum||Ali||Main role|
|2018||Hadi Be Oğlum|
|2005–2007||Gümüş||Mehmet Şadoğlu||Main role|
|2006||Acemi Cadi||Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ||One episode|
|2007–2008||Menekşe ile Halil||Halil Tuğlu||Main role|
|2008–2010||Aşk-ı Memnu||Behlül Haznedar||Main role|
|2010||Ezel||Sekiz/Ramiz Karaeski||Few episodes|
|2011–2013||Kuzey Güney||Kuzey Tekinoğlu||Main role|
|2014||Kurt Seyit ve Şura||Kurt Seyit||Main role|
|2016–2017||Cesur ve Güzel||Cesur Alemdaroğlu||Main role|
|2018–present||Çarpışma||Kadir Adalı||Main role|
Awards and nominations
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2017)
- "Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ sakatlandı | Magazin Haberleri". Haberturk.com. Retrieved 2017-02-25.
- "Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ'u bir de böyle görün!". Gecce.com.
- "James Cameron complimenting Kivanc Tatlitug". Istanbul view. Retrieved 29 January 2017.
- "Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ kimdir hayatı". Mailce.com. Retrieved 2017-02-25.
- "Kivanc Tatlitug (Boşnak kökenli)". YouTube. 2013-05-19. Retrieved 2017-02-25.
- "Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ".
- "Kivanc Tatlitug in " Isiltilar " Program CNN TURK ( Part 1 )". YouTube. 2010-12-21. Retrieved 2016-11-24.
- "Shqiptarët në Turqi, të famshëm dhe krenar - Shekulli Online". Shekulli.com.al. 4 April 2013. Archived from the original on 21 September 2016. Retrieved 24 November 2016.
- "Video/ Aktori turk Kivanç Tatlitug pranon se është shqiptar …. - Zëri i Luginës". Zerilugines.com. 26 July 2013. Archived from the original on 10 September 2016. Retrieved 24 November 2016.
- Magazina / TV / Film. "Aktori Kivanç Tatlitug e pranon me krenari origjinën: Po jam kosovar (Video)". Telegrafi. Retrieved 2016-11-24.
- TheAlbanian.co.uk (2016-11-19). "Video/ Aktori turk Kivanç Tatlitug pranon se është shqiptar …". Thealbanian.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-11-24.
- [dead link]
- ""Nereden Geliyor Bu Yakışıklılık?" Dedirten 24 Aktörümüz ve Memleketleri". Onedio.com. 2016-04-25. Retrieved 2017-02-25.
- "HANGİ ÜNLÜ NERELİ / 6 - Magazin Foto Galeri". Kelebekgaleri.hurriyet.com.tr. Retrieved 2016-11-24.
- "HANGİ ÜNLÜ NERELİ / 7 - Magazin Foto Galeri". Kelebekgaleri.hurriyet.com.tr. Retrieved 2016-11-24.
- "Profil: Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ". 22dakika.org. Retrieved 2017-02-25.
- "Ünlülerin mezun olduğu üniversiteler - CNN TÜRK - tarafsız güvenilir haberler". Cnnturk.com. Retrieved 2017-02-25.
- "Büşra Develi, Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ'un partneri oldu". ntv.tr (in Turkish). 15 September 2017. Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- "Turkish actor Tatlitug Kivanç admits publicely his Albanian origin from Pristina" (in Oculus News).CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ.|
|Awards and achievements|
Mehmet Akif Alakurt
| Best Model of Turkey
Yusuf Şahan Gürdal
| Best Model of the World