A natural scene from Kızılcahamam
Location of Kızılcahamam within Turkey.
|• Mayor||Muhittin Güney (AKP)|
|• Governor||Mustafa ÇİT|
|• District||1,760.76 km2 (679.83 sq mi)|
|Elevation||975 m (3,199 ft)|
|• District density||14/km2 (36/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Area code(s)||0312 - 736|
Kızılcahamam is a town and district of Ankara Province in the Central Anatolia region of Turkey, 70 km north of the city of Ankara, near the motorway to Istanbul. According to 2010 census, population of the district is 25,203 of which 16,726 live in the town of Kızılcahamam. The district covers an area of 1,712 km², and the average elevation in district center is 975 m.
Kızılcahamam itself is a quiet market town known for its healing hot springs and mineral waters. Nearby Soğuksu National Park contains a scout camp and trails, and areas for picnic in the forest. There are hotels and guest houses including spa hotels. A sculpture of black vulture, an endangered bird species inhabited in the national park, is situated at the entrance of the town.
The climate in Kızılcahamam is dominated by hot and temperate/mesothermal climate. In winter more precipitation falls than in the summer season. The climate can be classified as Mediterranean climate (Csb) according to Köppen–Geiger climate system. Annual average temperature is 10.4 °C (50.7 °F) and the average annual rainfall 550 mm (22 in).
|Climate data for Kızılcahamam|
|Daily mean °C (°F)||−0.4
|Average precipitation mm (inches)||70
|Source: Values of Annual Mean Temperature and Precipitation Distribution by Months.|
- Kınık (Aşağı)
- Kınık (Yukarı)
- Pazar Başören
- Yeni Dereneci
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Statistical Institute[permanent dead link]
- GeoHive. "Statistical information on Turkey's administrative units". Retrieved 2008-03-26.
- "Soğuksu Milli Parkı" (in Turkish). Orman ve Su İşleri Bakanlığı 9. Bölge Müdürülüğü. Retrieved 2016-04-02.
- "İklim: Kızılcahamam" (in Turkish). Climate-Data. Retrieved 2016-04-18.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Kızılcahamam, Turkey". Retrieved 2008-03-26.
- Governorship of Kızılcahamam, Turkey. "Geographical information on Kızılcahamam district of Ankara" (in Turkish). Retrieved 2008-03-26.[dead link]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kizilcahamam.|