Koka City Hall
Location of Kōka in Shiga Prefecture
|• Mayor||Takeshi Nakajima|
|• Total||481.69 km2 (185.98 sq mi)|
|Population (October 1, 2016)|
|• Density||190/km2 (480/sq mi)|
|• Flower||Sasayuri (Lilium japonicum)|
|• Bird||Common kingfisher|
|Time zone||UTC+9 (JST)|
|City hall address||
6053, Minakuchichō Minakuchi, Kōka-shi, Shiga-ken|
Kōka is quite well known for its ninja history, fine quality ceramics and for containing two shukuba post stations (Tsuchiyama-juku and Minakuchi-juku) from the historic Tōkaidō. The city launched a new English version of their homepage in April 2007, and they have begun to actively promote themselves as a little-known, yet highly authentic, sightseeing destination.
Koka is served by local buses as well as two train lines.
- Ancient Warfare : Shinobi Ninjas and Kung Fu Shaolin Monks FULL DOCUMENTARIES. 20 April 2015 – via YouTube.
- Media related to Kōka, Shiga at Wikimedia Commons
- Koka travel guide from Wikivoyage
- Kōka City official website (in Japanese)
- Kōka City official website (in English)
|This Shiga Prefecture location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|