||This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2015)
Kōriyama Station (郡山駅 Kōriyama-eki) is a railway station in Koriyama, Fukushima, Japan, operated by the East Japan Railway Company (JR East).
The Tōhoku Shinkansen platform, July 2009
Kōriyama Station is served by the Tōhoku Shinkansen and Tōhoku Main Line and is located 226.7 km from the official starting point of the Tohoku Main Line at Tokyo Station. It is also served by the Ban'etsu East Line and is 85.6 km from the starting point of that line at Iwaki Station. It is also a terminus for the Suigun Line and the Ban'etsu West Line.
Kōriyama Station has two island platforms and one bay platform serving trains on the conventional (narrow gauge) lines, and one island platform and one side platform for shinkansen traffic. The station has a Midori no Madoguchi staffed ticket office.
In fiscal 2013, the station was used by an average of 17,931 passengers daily (boarding passengers only).
||Daily average number of passengers
- July 16, 1887: Service is started between Kōriyama and Kuroiso
- December 15, 1887: Service to Sendai and Shiogama starts
- July 26, 1898: Service on the Ganetsu Line starts
- October 10, 1917: Name of Ganetsu Line is changed to Banetsu Line
- June 23, 1982: Tōhoku Shinkansen service starts.
Coordinates: 37°23′54″N 140°23′20″E / 37.398289°N 140.388794°E