Kōriyama Station (Fukushima)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Location||195 Hiuchida, Kōriyama, Fukushima
|Operated by||JR East|
|Passengers (FY2013)||17,931 daily|
Kōriyama Station is served by the high-speed Tohoku Shinkansen line and Tōhoku Main Line, and is located 226.7 km from the official starting point of the Tohoku Main Line at Tokyo Station. It is also served by the Banetsu East Line and is 85.6 km from the starting point of that line at Iwaki Station. It is also a terminus for the Suigun Line and the Banetsu West Line.
Kōriyama Station has two island platforms and one bay platform serving trains on the conventional (narrow gauge) lines, and one island platform and one side platform for shinkansen traffic. The station has a Midori no Madoguchi staffed ticket office.
|Tohoku Main Line|
|Banetsu East Line|
|Banetsu West Line|
All Nasuno Shinkansen services from Tokyo terminate at this station.
|This Section does not cite any sources. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- July 16, 1887: Service is started between Kōriyama and Kuroiso
- December 15, 1887: Service to Sendai and Shiogama starts
- July 26, 1898: Service on the Ganetsu Line starts
- October 10, 1917: Name of Ganetsu Line is changed to Banetsu Line
- June 23, 1982: Tohoku Shinkansen service starts.
In fiscal 2013, the station was used by an average of 17,931 passengers daily (boarding passengers only).
|Fiscal year||Daily average number of passengers|
- 東日本 各駅の乗車人員 JR東日本 各駅の乗車人員]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kōriyama Station (Fukushima).|
- JR East Station information (Japanese)