|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
East gate, March 2007
|Location||Kōshien Nanabanchō, Nishinomiya, Hyōgo
|Operated by||Hanshin Electric Railway|
|Line(s)||Hanshin Main Line|
|Station code||HS 14|
|Opened||1924 (extra station)
1926 (all-season station)
Kōshien Station (甲子園駅 Kōshien-eki) is a railway station on the Hanshin Main Line in Nishinomiya, Hyōgo, Japan, operated by the private railway operator Hanshin Electric Railway. It is the nearest station to Hanshin Koshien Stadium.
This station has two elevated island platforms and a side platform serving four tracks, and an additional side track is located in the west of the platforms. There was also a side platform to the north of Track 1 till autumn 2014. Ticket gates are located at the east and the west, and there is stadium exit from the side platform serving Track 4 to the west.
Every year from 2011 till 2014, the 2 side platforms were closed for removal work from November till mid-March and boarded from late March till October for the events. One to the north of Track 1 was removed in November 2014 to locate new Track 1 and widen the eastbound platform, completed on February 21, 2015. The other was also removed to locate new Track 4 and the new side platform and widen the westbound platform, completed on March 14.
2 elevators were situated on October 26, 2013, one for each platform connecting to the west gate.
|1, 2||■ ■■Main Line||for Amagasaki, Osaka (Umeda, Namba), and Nara|
|3, 4||■ ■■Main Line||for Kobe Sannomiya, Akashi, and Himeji|
|■ alighting only||when events are held at Koshien Stadium|
On June 8, 2011, Hanshin Electric Railway announced plans to renovate Koshien Station from autumn 2011, with work completed by spring 2017. Of four platforms at the station, a side platform for unloading eastbound trains was removed and the remaining three platforms were widened to accommodate an elevator connecting the west gate on each platform and another elevator connecting the east gate on each of the two platforms used for boarding trains. The west gate was widened to ease access to Hanshin Koshien Stadium, covering a camphor tree in the south of the station. The east entrance is situated near the east gate making it easier for passengers to access the eastern area of the station. A large roof covers the center of the platforms and the tracks.
|Hanshin Electric Railway Main Line (HS 14)|
|Naruo (HS 13)||Local||Kusugawa (HS 15)|
|Naruo (HS 13)||Morning Express (weekday mornings)||Terminus|
|Mukogawa (HS 12)||Express||Imazu (HS 16)|
|Amagasaki (HS 09)
Mukogawa (HS 12)
(except weekday mornings/evenings)
|Rapid Express||Imazu (HS 16)
Nishinomiya (HS 17)
|Amagasaki (HS 09)||Limited Express
Hanshin-Sanyo Through Limited Express (except eastbound on weekday mornings)
|Nishinomiya (HS 17)|
|Noda (HS 03)||Morning Limited Express for Umeda (weekday mornings)||Imazu (HS 16)|
- August 1, 1924 - Koshien Station opened as an extra station.
- July 1, 1926 - The Koshien Line opened from this station to Hama-Koshien.
- July 16, 1926 - The station on the Main Line became an all-season station.
- June 25, 1928 - The Koshien Line was extended from this station to Kami-Koshien.
- April 24, 1949 - Baseball specters fell over like a file of dominoes, killing 1 and injuring 11.
- May 6, 1975 - The Koshien Line was abandoned.
- January 17, 1995 - The Great Hanshin earthquake hit the Main Line and there became no operation on the line.
- The train operation resumed on the Main Line from Umeda to Koshien on January 18, from Koshien to Ogi on January 26, and on the whole line on June 26.
- LaLaPort Koshien
- KidZania Koshien
- Ito Yokado
- Koshien Police Station
- Nishinomiya Municipal Naruo Library
- Hanshin Bus southbound stops
- Hanshin Koshien Stadium
- Daiei Koshien
- Hanshin Bus northbound stops
- for JR Koshienguchi
- for Hanshin Nishinomiya via JR Nishinomiya
- for Nishinomiya-Kitaguchi (operated by Hanshin Bus and Hankyu Bus)
- for Takarazuka via Koyanosato and Takarazuka City Hospital
- for Amagasaki-Hamada Depot and Hanshin Kuise-eki-kita via Nishi-Oshima
- to Namba (running after night games) (suspended in 2011 and 2012, resumed in 2013)
- Novotel Koshien
- 甲子園駅・西改札側にエレベーターを新設（甲子園駅改良工事） (PDF) (in Japanese). Hanshin Electric Railway Co., Ltd., Kobe Rapid Transit Railway Co., Ltd. October 11, 2013. Retrieved October 12, 2014.
- 甲子園駅をリニューアルします ～阪神甲子園球場の玄関口が新しく生まれ変わります～ [Koshien Station, the nearest station to Hanshin Koshien Stadium, to be renovated.] (PDF) (Press release) (in Japanese). Hanshin Electric Railway Co., Ltd. June 8, 2011.
- ナイター開催日 なんば行直行バスが復活! [Non-stop buses from Koshien to Namba will be resumed.] (PDF) (in Japanese). Hanshin Bus Co., Ltd. March 21, 2013.