K'inich Ahkal Mo' Nahb III
|K'inich Ahkal Mo' Nahb III|
|Ajaw of Palenque|
K'inich Ahkal Mo' Nahb III on tablet from Temple XIX with two kneeling nobles
|Reign||30 December 721 – c.736|
|Born||13 September 678|
|Wife||Lady Men Nik|
|Issue||K'inich K'uk' Bahlam II|
|Father||Tiwol Chan Mat|
K'inich Ahkal Mo' Nahb III[N 1] also known as Chaacal III and Akul Anab III, (13 September 678–c.736), was an ajaw of the Maya city of Palenque. He took the throne on 30 December 721, reigning until c.736.[N 2]
Ahkal Mo' Nahb was born to nobleman Tiwol Chan Mat and Lady Kinuw, his probably brother was K'inich Janaab Pakal II. He was married to Lady Men Nik and was succeeded by his son ajaw K'inich K'uk' Bahlam II. Ahkal Mo' Nahb III was born in 678, during the reign of his grandfather, Palenque's long-lived ruler K'inich Janaab Pakal I, often referred to as "Pakal the Great", because this ruler righted a kingdom that had been destabilized by enemy attacks and oversaw a building program that culminated in the Temple of the Inscriptions. His construction program rivaled that of his predecessors, in the newly discovered inscriptions of Temple XIX he contributed enormously to the surviving records of Palenque history. The monuments and text associated with Ahkal Mo' Nahb III are: Temple XVIII texts, Temple XIX bench and texts, Temple XXI texts, Tablets of the Orator and Scribe, Bundle Panel and House E Painted text?.
- The ruler's name, when transcribed is K'INICH-AHK-AL MO'[NAHB], translated "Radiant Turtle Macaw Lake?".
- These are the dates indicated on the Maya inscriptions in Mesoamerican Long Count calendar, Born: 18.104.22.168.8 3 Lamat 6 Sak and Acceded: 22.214.171.124.2 9 Ik' 5 Kayab.
- Skidmore, Joel (2010). The Rulers of Palenque (PDF) (Fifth ed.). Mesoweb Publications. p. 80. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- Skidmore, Joel (2010). The Rulers of Palenque (PDF) (Fifth ed.). Mesoweb Publications. pp. 80–82. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- Martin, Simon; Nikolai Grube (2008). Chronicle of the Maya Kings and Queens: Deciphering the Dynasties of the Ancient Maya (2nd ed.). London and New York: Thames & Hudson. p. 175. ISBN 9780500287262. OCLC 191753193.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to K'inich Ahkal Mo' Nahb III.|
K'inich K'an Joy Chitam II
|Ajaw of Palenque
30 December 721 – c.736
K'inich Janaab Pakal II