K-104 (Kansas highway)
A map of the route and surrounding highways and towns.
|Maintained by KDOT|
|Length:||2.275 mi (3.661 km)|
|Existed:||1967 – present|
|West end:||I-135 / US-81 near Mentor|
|East end:||K-4 north of Assaria|
K-104 is a state highway in Saline County, Kansas. The route travels 2.3 miles (3.7 km) from a junction with Interstate 135/U.S. Route 81 (I-135/US-81), at I-135 exit 86, to a junction with K-4. It has an annual average daily traffic of between 1000 and 1300 and is paved with composite pavement. The highway is not a part of the National Highway System. The route was established around 1967, and has not been changed since.
The route begins at an interchange with I-135/US-81. After traveling east for approximately 0.3 miles (480 m), it turns south just west of Mentor. From there, it closely parallels the Interstate through about 2 miles (3.2 km) of rural farmland before the route ends at a junction with K-4 near I-135/US-81. The route has a total distance of 2.3 miles (3.7 km), all of it in Saline County.
The highway has an annual average daily traffic (the total volume of vehicle traffic of a highway for a year divided by 365 days) of 1,260 over the first 1 mile (1.6 km) of the route, and an AADT of 1,069 for the last 1.3 miles (2.1 km) of the route. The entire route is paved with composite pavement. K-104 is not a part of the National Highway System.
The entire route is in Saline County.
|||2.275||3.661||I-135 / US-81 – Wichita, Salina||I-135 exit 86; western terminus; road continues as Smolan Road|
|||0.000||0.000||K-4 – Lindsborg, Herington||Eastern terminus; road continues as K-4 west (Old Highway 81)|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Staff (2010-06-24). "Pavement Management Information System Query". Kansas Department of Transportation. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- Kansas Official Transportation Map (PDF) (Map) (2011-2012 ed.). Cartography by Bureau Of Transportation Planning Cartography/GIS Unit. Kansas Department of Transportation. 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- Microsoft; Nokia (2011-08-14). "K-104" (Map). Bing Maps. Microsoft. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- National Highway System (PDF) (Map). Kansas Department of Transportation. 2008. Retrieved 2011-08-19.
- Kansas Official Highway Map (PDF) (Map) (1966 ed.). State Highway Commission of Kansas. 1965. § C8. Retrieved 2011-08-14.
- Kansas Official Highway Map (PDF) (Map) (1967 ed.). State Highway Commission of Kansas. 1966. § C8. Retrieved 2011-08-14.