|Also known as||Pharmacy Allstars|
|Origin||Wrexham, North Wales|
|Genres||Electronica, house, garage house|
|Past members||John Williams|
K-Klass are a British electronic music group that originally recorded in Wrexham, North Wales, and are now based in Manchester, England. Its original members were Andy Williams, David Smith,Carl Thomas, Russ Morgan and Paul Roberts. K-Klass signed with the label Deconstruction Records, and later to Parlophone. Since leaving Parlophone Andy Williams and Carl Thomas have both left K-Klass leaving just Paul Roberts and Russell Morgan alongside original vocalist Bobbi Depasois as K-Klass. Roberts and Morgan run their own record label Klass Action
- We all met at the Hacienda in 1988. We had met before, though. Andy and Carl had done some gigs. Myself and Russ went to see Andy and Carl's band, Interstate play in Chester supporting 808 State. Andy and Carl were already pretty established, but we had no gear at the time - it was basically an SH-101 and a little Tandy mixer. We took about five tracks to Eastern Bloc in Manchester, just to see what they thought. We didn't have a name for the band or anything, and the tracks were just numbers, but they were really keen, and we put it out on a white label. We were playing a lot of live shows at the time, and used to take along boxloads of stuff to sell, and it went down really well. - Paul Roberts.
After recording the Wildlife EP, K-Klass's first hit was "Rhythm is a Mystery", sung by Bobbi Depasois, and released in 1991. The track reached number 3 on the UK Singles Chart. "Let Me Show You" reached number 13 in 1993. Subsequently, the band purchased a retired Royal Observer Corps underground bunker in Borras for use as a recording studio. They released two albums, Universal, featuring Depasois' vocals, and K2. In 1995, K-Klass won the I.D.A Best International Remixer award, the first UK artist to do so.
They have also been involved with producing and remixing tracks by other artists. K-Klass was one of the producers on the Pet Shop Boys album, Bilingual, and have also produced for Candi Staton, Rebekah Ryan, Rosie Gaines and The Corrs. They have remixed tracks by Bobby Brown,Sunscreem, Kylie Minogue, Geri Halliwell, S Club 7 ("Bring It All Back") and M People. Their remix of "Baby Come On Over" by Samantha Mumba was nominated for a Grammy Award in 2002 in the Best Remix category.
Roberts and Morgan appeared on 97.3 Forth One's Friday Night Floorfillers on 22 February 2008, whilst covering for the regular presenter, Krystal.
In 2013, a collaboration with Lempo and Japwow on Applique Music, entitled ‘Brass Attack’ was featured on the album ‘Done & Dusted'.
|Title||Year||Label||UK Singles Chart||U.S. Dance|
|"The Wildlife" EP||1990||F.R.O. Records||-||-|
|"Rhythm is a Mystery"||1991||Deconstruction||61||-|
|"Rhythm is a Mystery" (re-release)||3||-|
|"Let Me Show You"||1993||Deconstruction / Parlophone||13||-|
|"One, Two, Three"||Deconstruction||-||-|
|"Let Me Show You Love"||1994||-||-|
|"What You're Missing"||24||-|
|"Live It Up" (vocals by Tubbs)||-||-|
|"Let Me Show You '99"||1999||-||172 ||-|
|"Baby Wants to Ride"||2002||Junior London||-||-|
|"Footsteps" (with Frances Nero)||suSU||-||-|
|"Talk 2 Me" (featuring Kinane)||-||9|
|"Now You're Gone"||2003||-||-|
|"Dance with Me" (featuring Rosie Gaines)||2005||-||-|
|Aqua||"Bumble Bees" (K-Klass Radio Edit)||Bumble Bees|
|"Bumble Bees" (K-Klass Klassic Klub Mix)|
|Blondie||"Rapture" (K-Klass Radio Edit)||Beautiful - The Remix Album|
|"Rapture" (K-Klass Klub Mix)|
|Bobby Brown||"Two Can Play That Game" (K-Klassic Radio Mix)||-|
|"Two Can Play That Game" (K-Klassic Mix)|
|"Feelin Inside" (K Klass Klub Mix)|
|Atomic Kitten||"Right Now" (K-Klass Phazerphunk Radio Edit)||Right Now|
|Cher||"All or Nothing" (K-Klass Klub Mix)||Believe|
|The Corrs||"So Young" (K-Klass Remix)||-|
|"Lifting Me"(K-Klass mix)||-|
|Frou Frou||"Must Be Dreaming (K-Klass Ultra Vocal Mix)"||Must Be Dreaming|
|Geri Halliwell||"Lift Me Up" (K-Klass Phazerphunk Mix)||Lift Me Up|
|"Lift Me Up" (K-Klass Phazerphunk Edit)||Desire|
|Janet Jackson / Luther Vandross||"The Best Things in Life Are Free" (K-Klass 7")||-|
|"The Best Things in Life Are Free" (K-Klass 12") (CD Version)|
|"The Best Things in Life Are Free" (K-Klass 12") (Vinyl Version)|
|Kylie Minogue||"Where Is The Feeling?" (K-Klass Klub Mix)||Where Is the Feeling?|
|M People||"Love Rendezvous" (K-Klass Klub Mix)||-|
|Samantha Mumba||"Baby Come On Over" (K-Klass Mix)
(Nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Remix)
|New Order||"Ruined in a Day" (K Klass Remix)||-|
|"World (Price of Love)" (World In Action Mix)||-|
|"World (Price of Love)" (Pharmacy Dub)|
|The Other Two||"Tasty Fish" (K-Klass Klub Mix)||Innocence|
|"Tasty Fish" (K-Klass Pharmacy Dub)|
|S Club 7||"Bring It All Back" (K-Klass Club mix)||-|
|Lisa Stansfield||"The Real Thing" (K-Klassic Mix)||Lisa Stansfield|
|Holly Valance||"Naughty Girl" (K-Klass Radio Edit)||align=left|
|Paul Morrell Ft Mutya Buena||"Give Me Love" (K-Klass Remix)||-|
- IMO Records. http://www.imorecords.co.uk/house-2/house-artists/k-klass-biography/ "K Klass Biography"], IMO Records Retrieved on 08 March 2011.
- Wrexham band up for Grammy Award—BBC website 23 February 2002, recovered 8 November 2006
- K-Klass biography on somewhere4u.co.uk
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 294. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- Former nuclear bunker for sale - BBC website 27 November 2000, recovered 8 November 2006
- "Bobby Brown - Feelin' Inside at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2012-04-13.
- K-Klass discography
- K-Klass biography from BBC Wales
- Interview on fantazia.org
- Klass Wedding band Northern Ireland