|Products||Loans, Checking, Savings, Investments, Debit Cards|
|Revenue||Aftertax: US$2.1 million (KES:173 million) (2011)|
|Total assets||US$161 million (KES:13.9 billion) (Q2:2014)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Centum Investment Company|
The bank is a medium-sized microfinance bank serving the urban and rural poor and small-to-medium business enterprises in Kenya. As of June 2014[update], the total assets of the bank were approximately US$161 million (KES:13.9 billion), with shareholders' equity of approximately US$44 million (KES:3.79 billion).
K-Rep was founded in 1984. In the beginning, the organization provided grants and technical assistance to non-governmental organizations (NGO). The NGOs then made loans to micro-enterprises.
In 1989, K-Rep changed its strategy to lending to the NGOs. The technical assistance that had been provided for free now attracted a fee.
In 1999, K-Rep re-organized itself into four entities:
- K-Rep Group – This is the parent company. It owns, either wholly or partially, the other three subsidiaries.
- K-Rep Bank – This is the lending arm of the group. It is the core business of the group. In addition to the group, the bank has shareholders as outlined below.
- K-Rep Development Agency – This agency carries out research and developmental assistance work for the group
- K-Rep Advisory Services – This company provides consultancy services for a fee.
|Rank||Name of Owner||Percentage Ownership|
|1||Bakii Holdco Limited1||67.54|
- Capital FM Correspondent, . (23 June 2015). "Kenya: K-Rep Bank Appoints New Managing Director". 98.4 Capital FM (Nairobi) via AllAfrica.com. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- CBK, . "Central Bank of Kenya: Commercial Banks & Mortgage Finance Institutions". Central Bank of Kenya (CBK). Retrieved 31 July 2014.
- Michira, Moses (21 October 2010). "Private Financiers See Potential In SMEs". Business Daily Africa (Nairobi). Retrieved 31 July 2014.
- Juma, Victor (31 July 2014). "Centum Bids for Majority Stake In K-Rep Bank". Business Daily Africa. Retrieved 31 July 2014.
- MCU, . (25 January 2012). "MicroCapital Universe: K-Rep Bank". MicroCapital.Org (MCU).
- "Acquisition Of Shareholding in K-REP Bank Ltd". Centum Investment Company Limited. 31 July 2014. Retrieved 28 December 2014.
- "Announcement on K-REP acquisition" (PDF). Centum Investment Company Limited. 30 September 2014. Retrieved 28 December 2014.