K.G.F: Chapter 2
|K.G.F: Chapter 2|
Pre release poster
|Directed by||Prashanth Neel|
|Produced by||Vijay Kirugandur|
|Written by||Prashant Neel|
|Music by||Ravi Basrur|
Global United Media (Malayalam)
K.G.F: Chapter 2 is an upcoming Indian Kannada-language period action film directed by Prashanth Neel. A sequel to the 2018 film K.G.F: Chapter 1, the film stars Yash in the lead reprising his role from the first film and Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt as the antagonist. Principal photography began in March 2019. The film was supposed to be released in February 2020, however, it was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic and Sanjay Dutt's health issues. The film will be dubbed in Hindi, Malayalam, Tamil and Telugu languages.
- Yash as Raja Krishnappa Bairya a.k.a. Rocky Bhai
- Sanjay Dutt as Adheera
- Srinidhi Shetty as Reena Desai
- Balakrishna as Inayaat Khaleel, Dubai based Don
- Anant Nag as Anand Ingalagi
- Malavika Avinash as Deepa Hegde, the chief editor of 24/News
- Saran Shakthi
- Achyuth Kumar as Guru Pandian
- Vasishta N. Simha as Kamal
- Archana Jois as Shanthamma, Rocky's mother
- Ramachandra Raju as Garuda
- Avinash B S as Andrews
- B. Suresha as Vittal, a slave at KGF
- T. S. Nagabharana as the owner of television news channel 24/News
- Prakash Raj
- Rao Ramesh
- Raveena Tandon as Ramika Sen, India's Prime Minister in 1981 based on former Indian Prime Minister Indira Gandhi 
- Appaji Ambarisha Darbha
Filming for K.G.F: Chapter 2 started in March 2019, with a small part of the film having already been shot during K.G.F: Chapter 1. After an initial round of filming near Bangalore, filming commenced at cyanide hills in Kolar Gold Fields in August 2019.
In July 2019, Sanjay Dutt confirmed speculations surrounding his appearance in the film. The crew released the film's first poster on Dutt's 60th birthday on 29 July. On signing Dutt, Yash remarked, "Sanjay Dutt is a wonderful actor, and when elements like his physical appearance, image, legacy and, on top of it, the kind of role that KGF Chapter 2 has etched for him come together, it only adds value." Dutt compared his character Adheera to Thanos, and revealed that it was "shown to be a dangerous character with scary makeup" and added that it was the role he was looking for.
Media rumours that Raveena Tandon would appear in the film started making rounds as early as February 2019. A news report in The Times of India in August confirmed that Tandon will be seen in a "major role" in the film. In August 2019, it was reported that Tamil actor Saran Shakthi would be playing "an important role".
The film is scheduled to release on 14 January 2021.
- "'KGF Chapter-2': Team commences the shoot in Cyanide hills - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "KGF Chapter 2: Yash-Prashanth Neel Movie To Release On October 13, 2020". FilmiBeat. 13 March 2020. Retrieved 13 March 2020.
- "Exclusive! Sanjay Dutt's lung cancer: "He'll return after 3 months and complete my film," says 'KGF 2' producer Karthik - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 August 2020.
- "Yash's KGF 2 hinders tie up with Puri Jagannadh". The Times of India. 20 August 2019. Retrieved 19 September 2019.
- "In KGF chapter 2, this actor will be playing the character of Inayat Khalil".
- "Vada Chennai-fame Saran Sakthi joins KGF Chapter 2". The New Indian Express.
- "Prakash Raj is not replacing Anant Nag in Yash's 'KGF Chapter 2': Prashanth Neel". Deccan Herald. 27 August 2020. Retrieved 27 August 2020.
- "Telugu actor Rao Ramesh to make his Sandalwood debut with 'KGF: Chapter 2' - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "It is official! Raveena Tandon joins the cast of Yash and Sanjay Dutt starrer 'KGF Chapter 2' - Times of India".
- News, Express. "Raveena Tandon based on Indira Gandhi".
- "Whatever roles I have got to play, I have been grateful for them, says actor Appaji Ambarisha Darbha". The Times of India. 12 August 2020.
- bb "KGF: Chapter 2 — Yash, director Prashanth Neel's sequel to Kannada action film goes on floors- Entertainment News, Firstpost". Firstpost. 13 March 2019.
- "KGF2 in April 2020?". Bangalore Mirror.
- "Sanjay Dutt confirms he is part of K.G.F: Chapter 2, shares first look on his birthday". Mumbai Mirror.
- "Maiden poster of 'KGF: Chapter 2'! Sanjay Dutt nails it as the deadly Adheera in the Yash starrer - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Sanjay Dutt looks fierce as Adheera in Yash's 'KGF 2' — Check out new poster". Zee News. 29 July 2019.
- "KGF star Yash reveals why they chose Sanjay Dutt to play Adheera in sequel". India Today. Ist.
- "Sanjay Dutt compares his 'KGF Chapter 2' role as Adheera to supervillain Thanos". DNA India. 30 July 2019.
- "KGF Chapter 2: Raveena Tandon in talks with Yash film?".
- Balachandran, Logesh (13 October 2020). "Yash's KGF: Chapter 2 to hit the screens on January 14?". India Today. Retrieved 29 October 2020.
|This article related to an Indian film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|