K. S. Rama Rao
This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (January 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
K. S. Rama Rao is a Tollywood producer who established the Creative Commercials banner and has produced a number of popular films, including Mounageetam, Abhilasha, Rakshasudu, Chanti, Matrudevobhava, and Swarna Kamalam.
K.S Rama Rao is from Vijayawada, India, where his father was the owner of a textile business. As a child, Rama Rao would go to the nearby theatres to enjoy the films of the day. Vijayawada was a hub for the film industry, and many of his friends were sons of theatre owners, enabling him to see films for free. On a trip to Madras in 1967, Rama Rao was introduced to director K. Raghavendra Rao. By the end of 1970, Rama Rao had worked on three films with him.
From early in his career, Rama Rao was an ardent fan of Puttanna Kanagal a Kannada director. When Rama Rao heard he was making the film Nannu Preminchu entirely with newcomers, Rama Rao went to him and bought the rights with fifty thousand rupees borrowed from a friend and drawn from the recently opened Hong Kong Bank. For publicity, Rama Rao created newspaper and radio ads asking people when they wanted the film released. While this generated substantial curiosity, the film itself was considered a failure. Rama Rao recovered, however, and has gone on to produce a number of Indian films.
- Shankara (2015)(presenter)
- Dhammu (2012) (producer)
- Bujjigadu (2008) (producer)
- Chukkallo Chandrudu (2006) (producer)
- Vasu (2002) (producer)
- Criminal (Telugu/Hindi Bilingual) (producer)
- Mathru Devo Bhava (1993 film) (Telugu/Hindi tulasi) (producer) won Filmfare Best Film Award (Telugu)
- Chanti (1992) (producer)
- Stuartpuram Police Station (1991) (producer)
- Mutyamantha Muddu (1989) (producer)
- Marana Mrudangam (1988) (producer)
- Rakshasudu (1986) (producer)
- Challenge (1984) (producer)
- Abhilashaa (1983) (producer)
- Swarna Kamalam (film producer)