K. A. Bedford
K. A. Bedford
|Born||Kenneth Adrian Bedford|
1963 (age 55–56)
Fremantle, Western Australia, Australia
|Notable awards||Aurealis Award|
Science fiction division
2008 Time Machines Repaired While-U-Wait
Kenneth Adrian Bedford, better known under the pseudonym of K. A. Bedford, is an Australian writer of science fiction.
Bedford was born in Fremantle, Australia. In 2003 Bedford's first novel, Orbital Burn, was released in Canada by Edge Science Fiction and Fantasy Publishing. He has since published five more novels. Eclipse and Time Machines Repaired While-U-Wait both won the Aurealis Award for best science fiction novel in 2005 and 2008 respectively, while Orbital Burn and Hydrogen Steel both received short-list nominations in the same category. Time Machines Repaired While-U-Wait was also a shortlist nominee for the 2008 Philip K. Dick Award. It was later released by an Australian publisher, Fremantle Press, in 2009 and featured a different cover. Paradox Resolution, the sequel to Time Machines Repaired While-U-Wait, was released in 2012 and continues the adventures of Aloysius "Spider" Webb. Bedford is well known for both his humor as well as the detective and mystery elements in his novels. On writing, Bedford is quoted as saying; "I have instructed my wife that if I ever pronounce that I have mastered writing, she is to hit me hard with a squid. I now live in fear of the squid."
- Orbital Burn (2003)
- Eclipse (2006)
- Hydrogen Steel (2007)
- Time Machines Repaired While-U-Wait (2008)
- Paradox Resolution (2012)
- Black Light (2015)
- "Orbital Burn by K A Bedford". Fantastic Fiction. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- "Eclipse Listing". Edge Science Fiction and Fantasy Publishing. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- "Time Machines Repaired While-U-Wait Listing". Edge Science Fiction and Fantasy Publishing. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- "Hydrogen Steel Listing". Edge Science Fiction and Fantasy Publishing. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- "aurealis awards, previous years' results" (PDF). Aurealis Awards. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-04-02. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- "The Locus Index to SF Awards: 2009 Philip K. Dick Award". Locus Online. Archived from the original on 2009-04-12. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- "Australian Edition". GoodReads. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- "Paradox Resolution Listing". Edge Science Fiction and Fantasy Publishing. Retrieved 2012-10-18.
- "Full Biography K. A. Bedford". Edge Science Fiction and Fantasy Publishing. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: K. A. Bedford|
|This article about an Australian writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|