K. A. Krishnamurthy
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Dr. K A Krishnamurthy
Speech at National Conference on Advances in Computer Applications NCACA 2013 Sri Siddhartha Institute of Technology, Tumkur
|Principal, Sri Siddhartha Institute of Technology, Tumkur|
|Succeeded by||Dr. M. K. Veeraiah|
|Vice Chancellor Sri Siddhartha Academy of Higher Education|
|Preceded by||Dr. Y M Reddy|
|Principal, Malnad College of Engineering, Hassan|
|Born||10 July 1946|
Kattepura, Hassan, Karnataka, British India
|Alma mater||University of Mysore|
K.A. Krishnamurthy (born 10 July 1946), more known as KAK, is an Indian educationist who has worked in various educational institutions in South India. He was formerly the principal of Malnad College of Engineering, Hassan until July 2004, and currently the Principal and Professor of Electronics & Communications Engineering at the Sri Siddhartha Education Society.
Early life and education
K.A. Krishnamurthy was born on 10 July 1946 in Karnataka, British India. He received his Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical and Electronics and his M.E Degree in Industrial Electronics from Mysore University in 1967 and 1972 respectively. He then completed his PhD in Power Factor Control and Reduction of Line Harmonics in Thyristor Power Converters, carried out under the supervision of Professors G.N. Revankar and G.K. Dubey from the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay in 1979. He had a large amount of research and consultancy activities to his credit: he has so far published 86 research papers in various International journals and conferences.
In 1967, Krishnamurthy joined Malnad College of Engineering as a lecturer. He was subsequently promoted to an Assistant Professor in 1972, and to Professor in 1979. During 1981-83 for 15 months, he was at the University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada as a Research Fellow, as well as a visiting professor during 1983 for about 11 months for continuing his research activities. He was with Asea Brown Boveri and the Department of Electronics for Industry and Traction in Baden, Switzerland during 1988-89, while continuing his research activities on Electric Traction. He was also a consultant to the project BAHN-2000, putting a train on the tracks before the year 2000.
Between 1993 and 1997, he worked as the Vice Principal of Malnad College of Engineering in Hassan. Right after, he was promoted as its Principal. In between 2001 and 2004, he was the Dean at the Visvesvaraya Technological University. Later on, he was offered the position of Principal by Sri Siddhartha Institute of Technology.
Committees and boards
Awards and honors
- U P GOVERNMENT NATIONAL AWARD (ISTE), 1996-97
- J C BOSE MEMORIAL GOLD MEDAL (IETE) (for the paper on Practical Solutions to the Satellite Tracking System), 1994–95
- DESIGN AWARD (Institution of Engineers) – Electronic Planimeter as a practical solution for the measurement of leather
- BEST CITIZEN OF INDIA AWARD at the International Publishing House, New Delhi, 1998
- ASIA/PACIFIC "Who Is Who" (Volume First), 1998
- Listed in Biography of American Bibliography Institute Inc., 1998
- MOTHER TERESSA EXCELLENCE AWARD- Front for National Progress, New Delhi, 2001
- NATIONAL PARISARA RATHNA AWARD by the Kuvempu University, 2003
- LIFE TIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD – International Institute of Education and Management
- ABI USA - Distinguished Leadership Award
- Listed in Asia's Who's Who'
- National Achievement award for Education Excellence by International Achievers Development Organization, 2006
- Listed in the 23rd edition of Marquis Who's Who' in the World, 2006–07
- NATIONAL AWARD FOR THE BEST PAPER presented at the Annual Convention and National Seminar of Indian Society of Technical Education, held at Kumaraguru College of Technology, Coimbatore during Dec. 2003.
- "List of faculty trained in entrepreneurship development". Archived from the original on 20 August 2010. Retrieved 5 July 2017.
- Electrical, Electronics And Computer Engineering For Scientists And Engineers. Books.google.co.in. 2007. p. 518. ISBN 9788122413397. Retrieved 25 December 2014.
- "Author Summary : K. A. Krishnamurthy - Pearson Education, India". Pearsoned.co.in. Retrieved 11 November 2014.
- Fazal.C.A. ":: Principal :: Official Website of SSIT, Tumkur". Archived from the original on 22 August 2007. Retrieved 25 December 2014.