K. A. Paul
|Kilari Anand Paul|
25 September 1963 |
Andhra Pradesh, India,
|Children||Grace, Peace and John Paul|
He runs a ministry called Gospel to the Unreached Millions.
Originally named Anand Kilari, he was born on 25 September 1963, in a small village called Chittivalsa in the State of Andhra Pradesh, India, into a Hindu family. His parents were Barnabas and Santhosamma.
His parents converted to Christianity in 1966. Paul became a Christian in March 1971, when he was eight years old. Paul says he travelled with his evangelist father to hundreds of villages in India sharing the gospel with many non-Christians. Paul says that at the age of 19 he entered into the full-time ministry.
Paul has been active in state politics as a member of the Praja Shanti Party.
Global Peace One
Through charitable contributions to his organization, several of Paul's backers provided funds to purchase a Boeing 747SP airplane that Paul named "Global Peace Ambassadors", which flew under the name "Global Peace One". The aeroplane was formerly flown by China Airlines; it was the accident aircraft in China Airlines Flight 006. The aeroplane was used for missions to Third World countries, delivering aid to disaster areas and to countries with people in need. A former crew member described it as a "flying death trap". In 2005, the pilot, first officer, and flight engineer quit because of concerns over maintenance and non-payment of debts.
In 2005, the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability terminated the membership of Paul's organization, Gospel to the Unreached Millions, for failing to meet financial accountability and governance standards.[unreliable source?]
- Biography on Gospel to the Unreached Millions website
- 'Charity City' may be on assigned land, Times of India, 10 June 2007
- K.A. Paul Party official portal
- K.A. Paul Gets Attention After Hastert Meeting, from Christianity Today
- Radhakrishna, G.S. "Murder cuffs on high-flying evangelist". The Telegraph (Calcutta). Retrieved 26 February 2013.
- Craig Malisow (8 June 2006). "The Plane Truth". Houston Press. Retrieved 2010-12-12.
- K.A Paul's Ministry loses ECFA membership ties
- Ministrywatch.org Retrieved 12 December 2010
- "Evangelist KA Paul arrested for brother's murder". Zee News. Retrieved 21 May 2012.
- ECFA Terminated Membership Ties with GUM, MinistryWatch DonorAlert, 2005