K. G. Baalakrishnan
||An automated process has detected links on this page on the local or global blacklist.|
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012)|
K. G. Baalakrishnan also known as KG, KGB, KG Balakrishnan, is the Chairman of KG Group Coimbatore, a textiles business in Coimbatore, India. Baalakrishnan is the eldest son of K.Govindaswamy Naidu and Rukmaniammal.
About KG Group
The KG group comprises three major units: KG Denim Limited which produces 24 million meters of denim and cotton fabrics, 16 million meters of sheeting and 3 million pairs of jeans and Cotton trousers; KG Fabrics Limited which produces 12 million meters of long staple indigo fabrics and industrial fabrics; and Sri Kannapiran Mills Limited which produces 100 tons of cotton yarn daily. The group employs 14,000 workers with a group turnover of $2500 mn.
Baalakrishnan has held numerous positions in his career. He has chaired the following positions.
- Chairman - KG Denim Limited
- Chairman - KG Fabriks Limited
- Chairman - Sri Kannapiran Mills Limited
- Chairman - TRIGGER Jeans
- Managing Trustee - KG Medical Trust – KG Hospitals Coimbatore
- Managing Trustee - KG Educational Trust, Coimbatore
- Past Hon. Chairman - Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Coimbatore
- Founder President - Coimbatore Stock Exchange Limited
- Chairman - Council of Indian Employers
- Member - SAARC Chamber of Commerce
- Executive Member - Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce & Industry - FICCI
|This Indian business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|