|Member of Parliament|
|Preceded by||Madhu Yashki|
13 March 1978 |
Karimnagar, Andhra Pradesh, India
(now in Telangana, India)
|Political party||Telangana Rashtra Samithi|
|Parents||K. Chandrashekar Rao,
|Residence||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
Kalvakuntla Kavitha (born 13 March 1978)  is an Indian Member of Parliament and Telangana Rashtra Samithi party member. She is a daughter of the Telangana Rashtra Samithi leader K. Chandrasekhar Rao and was active in the agitation for the separate statehood for Telangana. She elected as Chief Commissioner for Bharath Scouts and Guides in 2015. On 15 July 2015, special Indian Postal covers of kavitha came into existence on the occasion of Pushkaram.
Kavitha was born in Karimnagar in the year of 1978, as the second of two children of K. Chandrasekhar Rao and Shobha. Her father is the first and the current Chief Minister of the Indian state of Telangana. He is the president of the Telangana Rashtra Samithi, a Regional Party in India.
Kavitha studied in the Stanley Girls High School and did graduation in engineering from VNR Vignana Jyothi Institute of Engineering and Technology and masters in Computer Science from University of Southern Mississippi in 2001. Kavitha worked as a software engineer in the United States for sometime before relocating to India to pursue a political role in the newly-formed state of Telangana.
Kavitha runs a non-governmental organisation called Telangana Jagruthi.
Kavitha has mentioned her interests as representing the aspirations of the Telangana people and the Jammu and Kashmir issue. She supports resolving the Kashmir dispute and moving on. She has come out in support of a uniform civil code.
|1||2014||Nizamabad||Madhu Yaskhi Goud (INC)||439307 - 272123||167184||Won|
Her statement that both Telangana (as part of the Hyderabad state) and Jammu and Kashmir were "forcefully annexed" to India landed her in controversy. Sedition charges were filed against her in August 2014 by Hyderabad police, upon directions from a local court.  The complaint was made by K. Karunasagar, a local BJP convenor.
- First Women MP From Telangana State.
- TELANGANA JAGRUTHI Founder.
- "Lok Sabha". 188.8.131.52. Retrieved 2014-07-27.
- Andhra Pradesh / Hyderabad News : Re-evaluate all scripts: Kavitha. The Hindu (2010-06-02). Retrieved on 2013-10-03.
- Telangana State BSG 2015.
- "Official Postal Stamps Released". TNP LIVE. Hyderabad, India. 15 July 2015.
- ‘No one guides us in Parliament’
- "Telangana is born today, K Chandrasekhar Rao to be sworn in as first CM". Financial Express. 2014-06-02. Retrieved 2014-07-27.
- TRS MP Kavitha booked for sedition for saying J&K and Telangana forcefully annexed to India