|Born||30 November 1949|
|Occupation(s)||Director, actor, screenwriter|
|Years active||1976–1998 |
Producer Azhagan Thamizhmani and writer Thooyavan saw a film called Touch of Love which had Elvis Presley in a guest appearance at a film festival, both got emotional while watching the film which prompted them to attempt a similar story in Tamil. Thooyavan finished screenplay within a month. He wanted to cast the late MGR as the hero but couldn't do so. Thooyavan narrated the story to K. Natraj who was working as one of the assistant directors in Devar films. K. Natraj agreed to work on the film and Rajini accepted to act in this film. Rajini initially agreed to give callsheet of 6 days then extended for 10 days since he wanted the film to come out well. The film was entirely shot in a school with 300 students. Rajkumar Sethupathi, brother of actress Latha and husband of actress Sripriya did a small role as Ambika's husband. Meena appeared as one of the main characters. On 3 August 1984 The Hindu said, "For one making his debut as director Natraj deserves accolades for the near-to-the-heart treatment of the situations in which the performance of a six-member-group of orphans will make even elder artistes sit up" and concluded, "Babu's camera embellishes the frames".
K. Natraj, Rajinikanth's friend from the film institute who earlier directed Anbulla Rajinikanth was approached by Rajini to take part as an assistant director in Annamalai to which Natraj gladly accepted. Then Rajini approached his friends and announced that he would like to make a film for them. The script of "Valli" was written by Rajini himself. Priyaraman made her debut as heroine while Hariraj and Sanjay were introduced in this film. Rajini was not interested to appear in cameo appearance but with insistence of his friends he accepted to do small role and finished his portions within five days.
Shooting was started in April 1993. This was also debut film of magician Alex as actor. The filming was held at Chalakudi, Pollachi and Red Hills. Hari, director of Saamy and Singam was one of the assistants in this film.
|1984||Anbulla Rajinikanth||Tamil||Rajinikanth, Meena, Ambika||Ilaiyaraaja|
|1985||Selvi||Suresh, Revathy, Jeevitha||Ilaiyaraaja|
|1985||Irandu Manam||Suresh, Jayashree, Sulakshana||M. S. Viswanathan|
|1986||Thalaiyatti Bommaigal||Goundamani, Ilavarasi||Gangai Amaran|
|1987||Chellakutti||Suresh, Jayashree||Gangai Amaran|
|1993||Valli||Rajinikanth, Priya Raman, Vadivelu||Ilaiyaraaja|
|1980||Maria My Darling|
|1984||Naan Mahaan Alla|
|1998||Unnidathil Ennai Koduthen|
|2012–2014||Paartha Gnabagam Illayo||Kalaignar TV|
|2014–2016||Andal Azhagar||Chidambaram||Vijay TV|
|2017–2019||Rekka Katti Parakkudhu Manasu||Arun's Grandfather||Zee Tamil|
|2019||Kadaikutty Singam||Muthuramalingam (Ayya)||Star Vijay|
|2019–2020||Siva Manasula Sakthi||Ramamoorthy|
|2019||Dum Dum Dum||Pazhavesam Thatha||Kalaignar TV|
|2021||Sathya 2||Zee Tamil|
- "Director K.Natraj". spicyonion. Archived from the original on 1 February 2014. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- "Virundhinar Pakkam Dt 04-12-13 - Actor Nataraj". youtube. Archived from the original on 17 October 2014. Retrieved 16 November 2015.
- "kollytalk.com". www.kollytalk.com. Archived from the original on 12 May 2017. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- Kumar, S. R. Ashok (18 October 2013). "Shotcuts: Red is ready". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 27 February 2014. Retrieved 9 March 2019 – via www.thehindu.com.
- "Tamil Cinema News - Kollywood News - Tamil Film News - Maalaimalar". cinema.maalaimalar.com. Archived from the original on 14 January 2019. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- Rajinikanth 12.12.12: A Birthday Special. The Hindu. p. 70.
- "Director K. Nataraj - Celebrities Speak - Rajinifans.com". rajinifans.com. Archived from the original on 2 January 2018. Retrieved 9 March 2019.