Edappadi K. Palaniswami
|Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu|
16 February 2017
|Governor||C. Vidyasagar Rao|
|Preceded by||O. Panneerselvam|
|Member of Parliament, Lok Sabha|
|Preceded by||K. P. Ramalingam|
|Succeeded by||M. Kannappan|
2 March 1954 |
Edappadi, Tamil Nadu, India
|Political party||All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (Amma)|
|Residence||Greenways Road, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Occupation||Politician, Agriculture |
K. Palaniswami (born 2 March 1954) known as Edappadi K. Palaniswami is an Indian politician who is the 13th and current Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, having assumed the office on 16 February 2017. He is a senior leader of the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (AIDMK).
A member of the All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam political party, he is the incumbent Member of the Legislative Assembly (MLA) for Edapadi in the Salem district in Tamil Nadu. He previously served as Minister for Highways & Minor Ports in the Jayalalithaa and O. Panneerselvam-led ministries of the Government of Tamil Nadu.
First term as Chief Minister, 2017
He was elected as the leader of AIADMK Legislature Party on February 14, 2017. He became the Chief Minister after the demise of former Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa.
- Who is Edappadi K. Palaniswami?
- Volume I, 1998 Indian general election, 12th Lok Sabha
- Biographical Sketch Member of Parliament 12th Lok Sabha
- "2016 TN Assembly Election - Candidate Affidavit" (PDF). www.myneta.info. Retrieved 28 February 2017.
- Ramakrishnan, T. "Edappadi Palaniswami sworn in as Tamil Nadu Chief Minister". The Hindu. Retrieved 2017-02-17.
- 1989 Tamil Nadu Election Results, Election Commission of India
- 1991 Tamil Nadu Election Results, Election Commission of India
- "List of MLAs from Tamil Nadu" (PDF). Chief Electoral Officer, Tamil Nadu.
- "Council of Ministers, Govt. of Tamil Nadu". Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
|This article about an All India Anna Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|