K. S. Gopalakrishnan
K.S. Gopala Krishnan
|Died||14 November 2015 (aged 85–86)|
|Occupation||Film Writer, Director, Producer, Lyricist , Studio Owner, Devotional Orator on Thiruppugazh|
|Children||K. S. G. Venkatesh, K.S.G. Ravi and 4 other sons|
K. S. Gopalakrishnan was an Indian screenwriter, director, producer, and lyricist, who worked in Tamil, Malayalam and Hindi films. Since the early 1960s, he directed 70 films. He spent most of his career directing and producing movies with social and devotional themes. Most of his movies are melodramas. His son K. S. G. Venkatesh is an actor who has acted in television serials and in films like Sathuranga Vettai.
After serving the Nawab's troupe for about nineteen years in various capacities, K.S.G. joined Sri Devi Nataka Sabha where[clarification needed] he wrote two successful plays entitled “POST-MAN” ,“THAMBI”(younger brother) and “EZHUTHALAN”(writer).
K. S. Gopalakrishnan shared exactly the same name with an earlier director and actor who worked in Tamil cinema in the 1940s and 1950s. This Gopalakrishnan, who directed films produced by S. S. Vasan, did not achieve much cinematic success, and was often confused with the later Gopalakrishnan.
- Edhir Paradhathu (1954)
- Amaradeepam (1956)
- Engal Veettu Mahalakshmi (1957)
- Uthama Puthiran (1958)
- Deivapiravi (1960)
- Yugadharmam (1983)
- Padikkadha Pannaiyar (1985)
- Deivapiravi — 1960
- Naan Kanda Sorgam (Dialogues) — 1960
- Padikkadha Medhai (dialogue) — 1960
- Kairasi (story,screenplay,dialogue) — 1960
- Ellam unakkaga (screenplay,dialogue) — 1961
- Kumudham (story,screenplay,dialogue) — 1961
- Annai (dialogue) — 1962
- Deivathin Deivam (dialogue/Screenplay) - 1962
- Bavani (story,screenplay,dialogue) — 1967
- Uravukku Kai Koduppom - 1975
- Per Sollum Pillai (dialogue) — 1987
- National Film Awards
- 1962 – Certificate of Merit for the Third Best Feature Film in Tamil - Sarada
- 1963 – Certificate of Merit for the Second Best Feature Film in Tamil – Karpagam
- 1964 – President's Silver Medal for Best Feature Film – Kai Kodutha Dheivam
- Titles and other honours
- Kalaimamani in 1975
- Tamil Nadu State Film Honorary Award - Arignar Anna Award in 1990
- Kumar, S.R. Ashok (6 July 2006). "Actor K.R. Vijaya's smile illuminated her acting career". The Hindu. Retrieved 21 September 2011.
- Guy, Randor (26 December 2008). "Panakkari 1953". The Hindu. Retrieved 10 March 2018.
- "Film director K.S. Gopalakrishnan dead". The Hindu. Retrieved 15 November 2015.
- "KS GOPALAKRISHNAN DIES AT 86; DIRECTED OVER 50 FILMS IN A STORIED CAREER". Silverscreen. Retrieved 15 November 2015.
- "10th National Film Awards". International Film Festival of India. Archived from the original on 29 September 2015. Retrieved 9 September 2011.