Kateekal Sankaranarayanan (born 1932) is the current governor of the Indian state of Maharashtra. He had also served as the Governor of Nagaland and Jharkhand. Prior to his appointment as Governor, he had served as a Minister in several Congress led governments of Kerala headed by Chief Ministers A. K. Antony and K. Karunakaran.
Sankaranarayanan was also asked to assume the additional charge of Arunachal Pradesh during the absence on leave of S. K. Singh. The swear-in ceremony was held on April 7, 2007. When Singh was appointed Governor of Rajasthan on August 19, 2007, Sankaranarayanan was also appointed Governor of Arunachal Pradesh, and he was sworn in on September 4, 2007. He remained in that post until January 2008, when Joginder Jaswant Singh became governor of Arunachal Pradesh. On 22 January 2010, he was sworn in as the Governor of Maharashtra. On August 27, 2011 he was given additional charge of Goa till the Indian government appointed B.V.Wanchoo to the post on 4 May 2012.
- "Sankaranarayanan to be sworn in as Maha Governor on January 22". Zee News. 19 January 2010. Retrieved 23 January 2010.
- "Narayanan appointed West Bengal Governor; Shivraj Patil for Punjab". The Hindu. 16 January 2010. Retrieved 23 January 2010.
- "K Sankaranarayanan is new Nagaland Governor", Times of India, January 19, 2007.
- "Tiwari appointed new Andhra governor", IST, TNN (The Times of India), August 20, 2007.
- "Sankaranarayan takes additional charge as Arunachal Governor", PTI (The Hindu), September 4, 2007.
- "Sankaranarayanan sworn in Maharashtra Governor". Press Trust of India. 22 January 2010. Retrieved 23 January 2010.
- "Former SPG chief BV Wanchoo new Goa Governor". Daily News and Analysis. 28 April 2012. Retrieved 7 May 2012.
|Governor of Arunachal Pradesh
Joginder Jaswant Singh
Shiv Charan Mathur
|Governor of Assam
Syed Sibtey Razi
|Governor of Maharashtra
|This article about a Kerala politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an Indian National Congress politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|