|Died|| (aged 57)|
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter|
K. Subash started his career as an assistant to Mani Ratnam in Nayakan. He made his directorial debut with Kaliyugam with Prabhu. His second film Chatriyan starring Vijayakanth was a blockbuster. He made Ayul Kaidhi, Vaakumoolam and Uthama Purushan in the same period. He directed Pavithra with Ajithkumar. He directed another police drama Abhimanyu with Parthiban in lead role. He directed Ninaivirukkum Varai and Eazhaiyin Sirippil with Prabhu Deva. In 2000, he had planned a film starring comedian Vivek in a lead role titled Enakkenna Korachal?, though the film never materialized.
He again directed Sabhash with Parthiban. He directed 123 with Prabhu Deva and his brothers which was Subash's last directorial in Tamil. He announced a project called Aayiram Poi Solli with Prabhu and Ramya Krishnan, the film was shelved after shooting few scenes while another film titled Sarvadhikari with Arjun also failed to proceed after its launch. He remade Telugu film Khadgam as Insan in Hindi with ensemble star cast featuring Akshay Kumar and Ajay Devgan. The film failed at box office and Subash opted against directing films and instead provided screenplay for Hindi film Sunday. Subhash had provided the story for Shahrukh Khan starrer Chennai Express.
Subash died on 23 November 2016 in SRM Hospital at Chennai. He was suffering from kidney failure and was on dialysis.
|1997||Nesam||Tamil||Second collaboration with Ajith Kumar|
|2001||Love Marriage||Tamil||remake of Swayamvaram|
|2005||Insan||Hindi||remake of Khadgam|
- Sunday (Hindi)
- Chennai Express (Hindi)
- Entertainment (Hindi)
- Dilwale (Hindi)
- Housefull 3 (Hindi)
- Karuppu Raja Vellai Raja (Tamil)
- Policegiri as Judge
- Upadhyaya, Prakash (23 November 2016). "Tamil director K Subash passes away; celebs mourn the death of Shah Rukh Khan's Chennai Express writer". International Business Times, India Edition.
- "K. Subhash". gomolo.com. Archived from the original on 9 March 2014. Retrieved 17 December 2014.
- November 23, Vandhana (23 November 2016). "'Chathriyan' Director K Subhash Dies at 57". Silverscreen.in. Retrieved 8 June 2020.
- "New Sunday Times – Google News Archive Search". Google News. Retrieved 17 December 2014.
- "NINAIVIRUKKUM VARAI". Bbthots.com. Retrieved 17 December 2014.
- "The Hindu : Film Review: Eazhaiyin Sirippil". The Hindu. Retrieved 17 December 2014.
- "Vivek turns hero". Chennaionline.com. Archived from the original on 26 October 2004. Retrieved 17 December 2014.
- "SABASH" New Tamil Movie Review by "Your Prabhu". Lolluexpress.com. Archived from the original on 10 November 2014. Retrieved 17 December 2014.
- "Sabash – Tamil Movie Review". Thiraipadam.com. Retrieved 17 December 2014.
- "Aayiram Poi Solli". Chennaionline.com. Archived from the original on 17 December 2001. Retrieved 17 December 2014.
- "Yet another list of new films". Malini Mannath. Archived from the original on 11 November 2001. Retrieved 6 October 2015.
- "K Subhash dies of kidney failure". The Indian Express. 23 November 2016. Retrieved 23 November 2016.