|City||AM: Henderson, Nevada
FM: Moapa, Nevada
|Broadcast area||Las Vegas metropolitan area|
|Frequency||AM: 1280 (kHz (also on HD Radio)|
|Translator(s)||FM: 102.3 Mhz|
|First air date||1956|
|Power||AM: 5,000 watts (day)
28 watts (night)
|ERP||FM: 250 watts|
(S & R Broadcasting, Inc)
KQLL (1280 AM, "Kool 102") is a commercial radio station located in Henderson, Nevada, broadcasting to the Las Vegas metropolitan area on the AM dial with a simulcast on K272EE 102.3 FM. KQLL airs an oldies music format. The station is currently owned by Summit Media.
The station went on the air in 1956. It was assigned the call letters KREL on February 17, 1984. On January 28, 1991, the station changed its call sign to KDOL, and on March 6, 1998 to KDOX.
Prior to adopting an oldies music format, KDOX aired a news/talk format known as "Fox News Radio 1280." In August 2010, KDOX introduced a live, local mid-morning talk radio show, starring Casey Hendrickson and Heather Kydd (formerly the drive-time hosts on competitor KXNT) weekdays from 9 am - 11 am. On August 12, 2010, KDOX introduced a simultaneously 99-watt FM broadcast on 102.3 FM. KDOX purchased the construction permit for $100.00 in June 2010.
On December 31, 2010, KDOX changed formats to a 50s-70s oldies format known as "Kool 102." Along with the format change, the calls were changed as well to reflect the format. The station became known as KQLL.
|City of license||ERP
|K272EE||102.3 FM||Las Vegas, Nevada||250 watts||FCC|
- "KQLL Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "KQLL Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Official website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KQLL
- Radio-Locator Information on KQLL
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KQLL
- Query the FCC's FM station database for K272EE
- Radio-Locator information on K272EE
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for K272EE
|This article about a radio station in Nevada is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|