|City||Vermillion, South Dakota|
|Slogan||"Get Your Howl On"|
|First air date||May 24, 1985|
|HAAT||32 meters (105 ft)|
|Owner||The University of South Dakota|
KAOR (91.1 FM, "Coyote Radio") is an American student-run non-commercial educational radio station licensed to serve Vermillion, South Dakota, United States. The station is owned by the University of South Dakota.
Staffed by students from the Mass Communications department of the College of Fine Arts and other interested members of the student body, KAOR broadcasts 24 hours a day. Since 2003, KAOR has broadcast from studios located in the Al Neuharth Media Center on the University of South Dakota campus. The station broadcasts an alternative music format.
This station received its original construction permit from the Federal Communications Commission on May 24, 1985. The new station was assigned the call letters KAOR by the FCC on August 8, 1985. KAOR received its license to cover from the FCC on November 9, 1987.
KAOR Radio allows students to broadcast shows of their choosing including music, talk, and sports. The KAOR Sports department also broadcasts every USD home football and basketball events live.
- Yale Daily News Staff (2004). The Insider's Guide to the Colleges, 2005: 31st Edition. Macmillan. p. 848. ISBN 978-0-312-32384-4.
- "Neuharth Award to Celebrate 25th Anniversary of USA TODAY". The Earth Times. September 13, 2007.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron. Archived from the original on 2010-03-01.
- "Application Search Details (BPED-19840131AA)". FCC Media Bureau. May 24, 1985.
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "Application Search Details (BLED-19860414KK)". FCC Media Bureau. November 9, 1987.
- KAOR official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KAOR
- Radio-Locator information on KAOR
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KAOR
|This article about a radio station in South Dakota is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|