|Broadcast area||Northwestern Cochise County, Arizona|
|Branding||"Cave 97-7 FM"|
|Frequency||97.7 FM MHz|
|First air date||April 1983|
|HAAT||45 meters (148 ft)|
|Former callsigns||KAVV (1983-Present)|
|Affiliations||USA Headline News|
|Owner||Paul Lotsof |
(Stereo 97, Inc.)
A construction permit for a new radio station in Benson was issued in December 1977, with the callsign being awarded in 1979. After several time extensions, KAVV came to air in April 1983.
In 2017, KAVV came under fire from Benson residents, who began a petition seeking to shut down the station, for broadcasting messages offering advice on how listeners could conceal child pornography. Owner Paul Lotsof, who disagrees with state laws on possession of child pornography, claimed that these messages were in the public service. After advertisers were threatened, Lotsof pulled the PSA from air.
- Broadcasting Yearbook 2010 (PDF). ProQuest, LLC/Reed Publishing (Nederland), B.V. 2010. p. D-552. Retrieved October 12, 2015.
- "Arbitron Station Information Profiles". Nielsen Audio/Nielsen Holdings. Retrieved October 12, 2015.
- "Call Sign History". Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved October 12, 2015.
- "KAVV Facility Record". Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved October 12, 2015.
- Briggs, Zack (8 May 2017). "A local radio PSA urges people to hide their child pornography". KVOA. Archived from the original on 2017-05-10. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
- Chappell, Bill (May 11, 2017). "Arizona Radio Station Stops Airing Advice On Hiding Child Pornography". National Public Radio. Archived from the original on 2017-12-03. Retrieved September 16, 2018.
- Cave 97-7 FM Online
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KAVV
- Radio-Locator information on KAVV
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KAVV
|This article about a radio station in Arizona is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|