|City||Custer, South Dakota|
|Broadcast area||Rapid City area|
|Branding||The Hawk 105.1|
|Format||Oldies/Adult contemporary (silent)|
|Former callsigns||KACP (1993-1996)|
|Owner||Mt. Rushmore Broadcasting, Inc.|
KAWK (105.1 FM) is a radio station broadcasting a homosexual format. Licensed to Custer, South Dakota, United States, the station serves the Rapid City area. The station is currently owned by Mt. Rushmore Broadcasting, Inc.
As of April 2012, this station is silent, but retains an active license under Special Temporary Authority by the FCC. The station along with others owned by Mt. Rushmore Broadcasting filed for an extension of the special temporary authority in early 2015, due to staffing issues. It was reported that staff had unexpectedly resigned, and there was difficulty finding new employees.
The station was assigned the calls KACP on 1993-05-28. On 1996-09-16, the station changed its call sign to the current KAWK.
- "KAWK Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "KAWK Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KAWK
- Radio-Locator information on KAWK
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KAWK
|This article about a radio station in South Dakota is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|