Hutchinson County Airport
|Hutchinson County Airport|
|Serves||Hutchinson County, Texas|
|Elevation AMSL||3,055 ft / 931 m|
Hutchinson County Airport (IATA: BGD, ICAO: KBGD, FAA LID: BGD) is a county-owned airport two miles north of Borger, Texas. The FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015 called it a general aviation facility.
In the year ending June 27, 2009 the airport had 5,610 aircraft operations, average 108 per day: 62% local general aviation, 37% transient general aviation, and <1% military. 24 aircraft were then based at the airport: 83% single-engine, 4% multi-engine, and 13% ultralight.
Historical airline service
Central Airlines began serving Borger during the early 1950s with direct, no change of plane flights operated with 24-passenger seat Douglas DC-3 aircraft to Dallas Love Field, Fort Worth (via both Amon Carter Field and Meacham Field), Oklahoma City and Tulsa via intermediate en route stops at smaller cities in Oklahoma. In 1966, Central was continuing to operate DC-3 flights into the airport with a routing of Denver-Colorado Springs-Pueblo, CO-Amarillo-Borger-Oklahoma City-Bartlesville, OK-Parsons, KS-Kansas City. Central was then acquired by and merged into Frontier which in 1967 was flying Convair 600 turboprop service on a routing of Amarillo-Borger-Oklahoma City-Bartlesville, OK-Kansas City. By 1970, Frontier had discontinued its Borger service. In 1979, commuter air carrier Air Central was operating nonstop flights to Oklahoma City with Piper Navajo twin prop aircraft.
The airport currently does not have scheduled passenger air service.
- FAA Airport Master Record for BGD ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective June 30, 2011.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF, 2.03 MB) on September 27, 2012. External link in
- "Hutchinson County Airport". AirNav. Retrieved December 9, 2010.
- http://www.timetableimages.com, Dec. 1, 1953 Central Airlines system timetable
- http://www.timetableimages.com, Feb. 1, 1966 Central Airlines system timetable
- http://www.timetableimages.com, Oct. 29, 1967 Frontier Airlines system timetable
- http://www.departedflights.com, Oct. 25, 1970 Frontier Airlines route map
- http://www.departedflights.com, Feb. 6, 1979 Air Central route map
- Hutchinson County Airport
- "Hutchinson County (BGD)" (PDF). from Texas DOT Airport Directory
- Aerial image as of March 1996 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for BGD, effective December 7, 2017
- Resources for this airport: