|Broadcast area||Bemidji, Minnesota|
|First air date||1972|
|Affiliations||Minnesota News Network|
|Owner||Hubbard Broadcasting, Inc.
(HBI Radio Bemidji, LLC)
|Sister stations||KBUN, KBUN-FM, KLLZ-FM, KKZY|
KBHP (101.1 FM, "KB101") is an FM radio station licensed by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to serve the community of Bemidji, Minnesota, which is located in northern Minnesota. KBHP plays country music and is owned and operated by Hubbard Broadcasting, Inc. It has its own local news department, and gets statewide news from the Minnesota News Network. The Bemidji studios are located at 502 Beltrami Avenue, downtown Bemidji. It shares a transmitter site with sisters KLLZ-FM and KKZY, near Lake Plantagenet along Highway 9.
Hubbard Broadcasting announced on November 13, 2014 that it would purchase the Omni Broadcasting stations, including KBHP. The sale was completed on February 27, 2015, at a purchase price of $8 million for the 16 stations and one translator.
The station was one of 10 stations awarded the 2007 Crystal Radio Award for public service awarded by the National Association of Broadcasters. Winners were honored at the Radio Luncheon on April 17, 2007, during the NAB Show in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- "Hubbard Picks up 16 Stations From Omni". Radio Ink. November 13, 2014. Retrieved November 13, 2014.
- "Hubbard Closes on 16 MN Stations from Omni". Radio Online. February 27, 2015. Retrieved March 2, 2015.
- "NAB Announces Crystal Radio Awards Winners". National Association of Broadcasters. 2007-04-17.
- KB 101 Website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KBHP
- Radio-Locator information on KBHP
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KBHP
|This article about a radio station in Minnesota is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|