KBL European Private Bankers
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
|Yves Stein  (Group CEO)|
Olivier de Jamblinne
Marc Lauwers (Board member)
Yves Pitsaer (Board member)
KBL European Private Bankers is a major Luxembourgish bank which was founded in 1949.
KBL European Private Bankers (KBL epb), founded in 1949, is headquartered in Luxembourg with a presence in nine European countries. Claims over 2,000 staff and €41 billion in assets under management and €39 billion in assets under custody (as of December 31, 2012). It is owned by Precision Capital, a Luxembourg-based bank holding company controlled by members of the Al Thani family of Qatar.
The group provides additional investment solutions through its Global Investor Services, Global Financial Markets and Asset Management departments. The group has subsidiaries in European countries: Belgium, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Spain and the United Kingdom.
KBL epb is consolidating its presence across Europe and in emerging markets, including the Middle East and Asia.
On May 23, 1949, Kredietbank Luxembourg officially became a registered bank in the Grand Duchy and opened its doors a few months later.
In the early days, KBL had only five employees on its payroll, including the CEO, Constant Franssens.
Since its founding, KBL epb has continued to expand across Europe through organic and inorganic growth. Its offerings have increased as well to include, for example, global investor services, life insurance and credit.
KBL European Private Bankers and sister bank Banque Internationale à Luxembourg (was sold in 2017) were owned by Luxembourg incorporated holding company Precision Capital. Precision Capital banking group was supervised by European Central Bank directly due to its size.
Precision Capital was owned by House of Thani of Qatar. It was reported that it was owned by Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani, former Prime Minister of Qatar and a distant relative of the King.
- "KBL European Private Bankers SA". The Luxembourg Bankers’ Association.
- "KBL: Stein CEO, Contzen président". Paperjam.lu.
- "KBL European Private Bankers appoints Marc Lauwers COO". investmenteurope.net.
- "Performance à deux chiffres pour le Fonds Flagship de KBL epb en 2013". corporatenews.lu.
- "Assurance vie : Vitis Life lance un contrat charia compatible haut de gamme". argusdelassurance.com.
- "Qatar royal family swoop on Belgian, Luxembourg banks". Arab Times.
- "Precision Capital acquires KBL epb, KBC's private banking subsidiary". Reuter.
- "4 questions à Marc Lauwers". lecho.be.
- "List of supervised entities" (PDF). European Central Bank. 1 January 2016. Retrieved 13 April 2016.
- "Closing of the sale of Banque Internationale à Luxembourg" (PDF). Dexia. 5 October 2012. Retrieved 13 April 2016.
- "Former Qatar prime minister rejoins dealmaking stage". Financial Times. 20 May 2014. Retrieved 16 April 2016.