Wasatch Front (Salt Lake City, Ogden & Provo)
|First air date||1981|
106.3 MHz (1985-1997)|
106.1 MHz (1997-2015)
Alpha Media |
(Alpha Media Licensee LLC)
|Sister stations||KDUT, KTUB|
KBMG (106.3 FM) is a radio station broadcasting a Spanish-language Contemporary Hits format as "Latino." Licensed to Evanston, Wyoming, United States, it serves southwestern Wyoming and the Wasatch Front area. The station is owned by Alpha Media.
The station, originally broadcasting on 106.1 FM, went on the air as KOTB on December 28, 1981 and primarily served the community of Evanston, Wyoming with a full-service format, playing adult contemporary music, airing local news updates, and some local high school and University of Wyoming sports.
On September 23, 2004, the station changed its call sign to KRMF and on March 30, 2005 to the current KBMG when the station relaunched with on-channel boosters covering the Wasatch Front. The station aired Bustos Media's "Magia" (Spanish Adult Contemporary) format. In September 2010, Bustos transferred most of its licenses to Adelante Media Group as part of a settlement with its lenders. who then switched the station to Spanish-language Adult Hits "Juan." One year later, the station rebranded as "Latino" in September 2011.
Alpha Media bought Adelante's Salt Lake City stations for $3.15 million on July 16, 2015. KBMG moved to 106.3 FM on September 23, 2015, and was licensed to operate on that frequency on October 8, 2015.
- "KBMG Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "NAP CLOSES ON BUSTOS, LAUNCHES ADELANTE". Radio Ink. September 27, 2010. Archived from the original on December 13, 2013.
- Venta, Lance (April 29, 2015). "Alpha Media Acquires Adelante Salt Lake City". RadioInsight. Retrieved October 22, 2015.
- "Consummation Notice". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission. July 20, 2015. Retrieved October 22, 2015.
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KBMG
- Radio-Locator information on KBMG
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KBMG
|This article about a radio station in Wyoming is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|