|Established||1989 Kenya College of Accountancy
2007 KCA University
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Noah Midamba|
KCA University (KCAU) is a private, non-profit institution, founded in July 1989 as Kenya College of Accountancy (KCA) by the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) to improve the quality of accountancy and financial management training in the country. KCAU is located on Thika Road in Ruaraka, Nairobi, Kenya. The institution also maintains satellite colleges under the School of Professional Programmes in Githunguri, Kericho, Eldoret, Kisumu,Amagoro and Kitengela.
Following a study by Chart Foulks Lynch CIPFA in the UK, Kenya College of Accountancy was founded in 1987-88. The study concluded that the Kenyan economy required an additional four hundred qualified accountants every year. From an initial enrollment of 170 students in 1989, the student population has increased tremendously over the years, and now stands at over 15,000 enrolled annually.
KCA applied to the Commission for Higher Education (CHE) for university status in the year 2000 and on July 26, 2007, CHE awarded KCA a Letter of Interim Authority (LIA). Operations then began at KCA University.
Faculties and programs
- Commerce and Distance Learning
- Science and Information Technology
- School of Professional Programs (SPP)
- Faculty of Education
- Institute for Capacity Development (ICAD)
- MBA Corporate Management
- Master of Science in Commerce
- Post Graduate Diploma in Corporate Governance
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom)
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSc.IT)
- Bachelor of Education
- Bachelor of Business Information Technology
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Diploma in Business Management
- Certificate in County Governance
- Certificate in Information Technology
- Certificate in Bridging Mathematics
- Certificate in Research Methodology
- http://www.kca.ac.ke/index.php/about-kcau/kcau-at-a-glance-about-kca-university-239, KCAU At A Glance.
- Official website
- Commission for Higher Education, http://www.che.or.ke
- United Nations Global Compact, http://www.unglobalcompact.org/participant/11852-KCA-University
- Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology, http://www.scienceandtechnology.go.ke/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=60&Itemid=61