KCB Bank Uganda Limited
|Aga Ssekalaala, Jr.
chief executive officer
|Products||Loans, credit cards, savings, investments, mortgages|
|Revenue||Pretax: UGX:9.04 billion (US$3.7 million) (2015)|
|Total assets||UGX:335.5 billion (US$133 million) (2012)|
Number of employees
The bank focuses on meeting the banking needs of individuals and corporate entities. As of December 2012, KCB Uganda had assets of UGX:335.5 billion ($131 million).
Kenya Commercial Bank Group
In November 2007, the first branch of KCB Uganda opened in Kampala, Uganda's capital city, following licensing by the Bank of Uganda. Since then, the bank has opened fifteen more branches in the country. In May 2012, media reports indicated that KCB Uganda was planning to acquire a licensed financial services institution in Uganda within the next two years.
As of August 2016, KCB Uganda had sixteen branches in all the regions of Uganda, including at the following locations.
- Arua Branch - Arua
- Gulu Branch - Gulu
- Lira Branch - Lira
- Fort Portal Branch - Fort Portal
- Jinja Branch - Jinja
- Hoima Branch - Hoima
- Kampala Road Branch — Kampala Road, Kampala Main Branch
- Ben Kiwanuka Branch — Ben Kiwanuka Street, Kampala
- Luwuum Street Branch — Luwuum Street, Kampala
- Sixth Street Branch — Sixth Street, Industrial Area, Kampala
- Oasis Mall Branch — Oasis Mall, Kampala Central Division, Kampala
- Ndeeba Branch - Ndeeba, Kampala
- Mbale Branch - Mbale
- Mbarara Branch - High Street, Mbarara
- Kikuubo Branch - Kikuubo - Kampala
- Forest Mall Branch - Forest Mall, Lugogo Bypass, Kampala
- The chairman of the board of directors is Aga Ssekalaala, Jr. The managing director is Joram Kiarie who replaced Albert Adongo.
- Ismail Musa Ladu (6 November 2014). "KCB To Invest UShs40b In Housing Project". Daily Monitor. Kampalac. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
- Ojambo, Fred (9 March 2012). "Kenya Commercial Bank's Ugandan Unit Reports First Annual Profit". Bloomberg News. Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- Nimubona, Desire (17 April 2013). "KCB Chief Laments Saturation of Ugandan Bank Market". Ventures Africa Magazine. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- BOU (June 2015). "List of Licensed Commercial Banks As At June 2015" (PDF). Kampala: Bank of Uganda (BOU). Retrieved 18 December 2015.
- "KCB Group First Quarter Profit Jumps 31 Percent". Standard Media Group (Nairobi). 30 April 2014. Retrieved 4 May 2014.
- Monitor, Correspondent (16 May 2012). "KCB Targets Uganda Acquisitions". Daily Monitor.
- Mayemba, Abubaker (24 August 2016). "Uganda: KCB Opens Business Club". The Observer (Uganda) via AllAfrica.com. Kampala. Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- TWTR (April 2009). "KCB New Branch Drive Boosts Regional Trade". The World Trade Review (TWTR). Retrieved 27 November 2014.
- Mbatau wa Ngai (15 June 2008). "KCB Group In Rapid Growth". Daily Monitor (Kampala). Retrieved 27 November 2014.
- Oyulu, Wambui (20 January 2009). "Uganda: KCB Bank Ben Kiwanuka Branch Opens". New Vision via AllAfrica.com. Retrieved 27 November 2014.
- Muhumuza, Mark (18 October 2010). "Kenya: Nation Bank Targets Small Regional Businesses". East African Business Week. Kampala. Retrieved 20 April 2016.
- Karanja, Michael (25 November 2009). "Kenya Commercial Bank Expands In Uganda". Nairobi: 98.4 Capital FM. Retrieved 27 November 2014.
- Bifubyeka, Ebenezer (17 June 2008). "KCB Opens Mbarara Branch". New Vision (Kampala). Retrieved 27 November 2014.
- Ladu, Ismail Musa (26 November 2014). "Bank of Uganda Mulls Agency Banking As It Moves Services Closer To The Public". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 27 November 2014.
- Osere, Emojong (29 May 2010). "KCB Uganda Changes Top Bosses". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 4 May 2014.