|Broadcast area||Central Oregon Coast|
|Slogan||The Coast's Favorite Music
The Soundtrack of Our Lives
|Translator(s)||103.1 K276IH (Mapleton)
104.1 K281AH (Florence)
|First air date||November 28, 1983 (as KGBU)|
|Power||900 watts (day)
37 watts (night)
|Callsign meaning||The Coast's Favorite Music|
|Former callsigns||KGBU (1983-1988)
|Owner||Coast Broadcasting Company|
KCFM (1250 AM) is a radio station broadcasting an Adult Standards/MOR format. Licensed to Florence, Oregon, United States, the station serves the Central Oregon coast area. The station is currently owned by Coast Broadcasting Company and features programing from ABC Radio. The station plays entirely locally programmed music from the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s, which appeals to the area's many retirees. The station also airs Oregon State University sporting events through the Beaver Sports Network from Learfield Sports.
In late 2008, KCFM-AM (then KCST-AM) was granted the first-ever construction permit for a Kintronic Laboratories "KinStar" antenna, which was type-accepted by the Commission in 2005 for broadcast use. This antenna uses a top-loaded design and a full, 120-wire ground radial counterpoise system.
Construction of the antenna was begun in October 2008 after approval for the low profile antenna design was approved by Lane County. The overall height of the antenna system at 70 feet above ground level was an aid in securing permit approval and acceptance by nearby residents.
Construction of a new transmitter building and installation of transmitting equipment was completed in January 2009. Field intensity measurements of the new antenna indicated that the performance of the installation was comparable to a standard AM broadcast antenna of 200 feet in height.
KCFM is rebroadcast on two FM translators:
- "KCFM Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "Oregon State : Learfield Sports Affiliate Resources".
- "KCFM Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "K281AH Station Details". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "K276IH Station Details". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Radio Magazine Online: Kintronic Labs Kinstar
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KCFM
- Radio-Locator Information on KCFM
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KCFM
- Query the FCC's FM station database for K276IH
- Radio-Locator information on K276IH
- Query the FCC's FM station database for K281AH
- Radio-Locator information on K281AH
|This article about a radio station in Oregon is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|