|City||Grundy Center, Iowa|
|Broadcast area||Waterloo-Cedar Falls|
|Slogan||The Classic Rock Station|
|First air date||1983 (as KGCI)|
|Callsign meaning||K Classic Rock Radio|
|Former callsigns||KGCI (1983-1995)|
|Owner||The Cedar Rapids Divestiture Trust, Allen N. Blum, Trustee
(divestiture trust for Townsquare Media)
|Sister stations||KKHQ, KOEL-FM|
KCRR is a radio station serving Waterloo, Cedar Falls, and surrounding cities with a classic rock format. This station broadcasts on FM frequency 97.7 MHz and is under ownership of a divestiture trust for Townsquare Media. Cory Ford is Brand Manager/Program Director/Webmaster/Afternoon Host for KCRR and Elwin Huffman serves as morning news host. KCRR carries the nationally syndicated Bob and Tom Show.
On August 30, 2013, a deal was announced in which Townsquare Media would acquire 53 Cumulus stations, including KCRR, for $238 million. The deal is part of Cumulus' acquisition of Dial Global; Townsquare and Dial Global are both controlled by Oaktree Capital Management. The sale to Townsquare was completed on November 14, 2013; KCRR is one of three stations (along with KKHQ-FM and KOEL-FM) that have been placed in a divestiture trust for eventual resale within two years.
- "Official: Cumulus Buys Dial Global, Spins Some Stations To Townsquare; Peak Stations Sold To Townsquare, Fresno Spun To Cumulus". All Access. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Cumulus Makes Dial Global And Townsquare Deals Official". RadioInsight. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Cumulus-Townsquare-Peak Deal Closes". All Access. November 15, 2013. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- 97.7 KCRR - Official Website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KCRR
- Radio-Locator information on KCRR
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KCRR
|This article about a radio station in Iowa is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|