|City||Grundy Center, Iowa|
|Broadcast area||Waterloo-Cedar Falls|
|Slogan||The Classic Rock Station|
|First air date||1983 (as KGCI)|
|Callsign meaning||K Classic Rock Radio|
|Former callsigns||KGCI (1983-1995)|
|Owner||Townsquare Media |
(Townsquare Media Waterloo License, LLC)
|Sister stations||KKHQ, KOEL-FM|
KCRR is a radio station serving Waterloo, Cedar Falls, and surrounding cities with a classic rock format. This station broadcasts on FM frequency 97.7 MHz and is owned by Townsquare Media. Elwin Huffman serves as morning news host. KCRR carries the nationally syndicated Bob and Tom Show.
On August 30, 2013, a deal was announced in which Townsquare Media would acquire 53 Cumulus stations, including KCRR, for $238 million. The deal was part of Cumulus' acquisition of Dial Global; Townsquare and Dial Global are both controlled by Oaktree Capital Management. The sale to Townsquare was completed on November 14, 2013; KCRR was one of three stations (along with KKHQ-FM and KOEL-FM) that were placed in a divestiture trust for eventual resale within two years. In December 2016, the Federal Communications Commission approved Townsquare's request to reacquire the stations from the divestiture trust.
- "Official: Cumulus Buys Dial Global, Spins Some Stations To Townsquare; Peak Stations Sold To Townsquare, Fresno Spun To Cumulus". All Access. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Cumulus Makes Dial Global And Townsquare Deals Official". RadioInsight. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Cumulus-Townsquare-Peak Deal Closes". All Access. November 15, 2013. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- 97.7 KCRR - Official Website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KCRR
- Radio-Locator information on KCRR
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KCRR
|This article about a radio station in Iowa is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|