|City||Grundy Center, Iowa|
|Broadcast area||Waterloo-Cedar Falls|
|Slogan||The Classic Rock Station|
|First air date||1983 (as KGCI)|
|Callsign meaning||K Classic Rock Radio|
|Former callsigns||KGCI (1983-1995)|
|Owner||The Cedar Rapids Divestiture Trust, Allen N. Blum, Trustee
(divestiture trust for Townsquare Media)
|Sister stations||KKHQ, KOEL-FM|
KCRR is a radio station serving Waterloo, Cedar Falls, and surrounding cities with a classic rock format. This station broadcasts on FM frequency 97.7 MHz and is under ownership of a divestiture trust for Townsquare Media. Dave Murphy is program director for KCRR and Elwin Huffman serves as morning news host. KCRR carries the nationally syndicated Bob and Tom Show.
On August 30, 2013, a deal was announced in which Townsquare Media would acquire 53 Cumulus stations, including KCRR, for $238 million. The deal is part of Cumulus' acquisition of Dial Global; Townsquare and Dial Global are both controlled by Oaktree Capital Management. The sale to Townsquare was completed on November 14, 2013; KCRR is one of three stations (along with KKHQ-FM and KOEL-FM) that have been placed in a divestiture trust for eventual resale within two years.
- "Official: Cumulus Buys Dial Global, Spins Some Stations To Townsquare; Peak Stations Sold To Townsquare, Fresno Spun To Cumulus". All Access. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Cumulus Makes Dial Global And Townsquare Deals Official". RadioInsight. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Cumulus-Townsquare-Peak Deal Closes". All Access. November 15, 2013. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- 97.7 KCRR - Official Website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KCRR
- Radio-Locator information on KCRR
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KCRR
|This article about a radio station in Iowa is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|