|Broadcast area||Anchorage, Alaska|
|Slogan||Good Times Great Oldies|
|First air date||1973 (as KJZZ)|
|Former callsigns||KWKO (?-ca. 1973)
KJZZ (ca. 1973-1980)
|Owner||Ohana Media Group|
|Sister stations||KBBO-FM, KFAT, KXLW|
Normally referred to as "Oldies 102.1", KTMB is alone among Anchorage radio stations in that it has no live DJs and guarantees to tell listeners the name and artist of every song played.
On September 7, 2011, at 12:01 am, midway through The Black Eyed Peas' Just Can't Get Enough, the then-KDBZ changed their format from modern AC (branded as "102.1 The Buzz") to Adult Album Alternative, branded as "102.1 The Peak".
On March 7, 2014, KDBZ changed their format to classic hits, branded as "Oldies 102.1", soon after changing their callsign to the current KTMB.
- Mitchell, Elaine B., ed. (1973). Alaska Blue Book (First ed.). Juneau: Alaska Department of Education, Division of State Libraries. p. 135.
- Mitchell, Elaine B., ed. (1975). Alaska Blue Book (Second ed.). Juneau: Alaska Department of Education, Division of State Libraries. p. 157.
- Eppenbach, Sarah; Foster, Scott, eds. (1983). Alaska Blue Book (Sixth ed.). Juneau: Alaska Department of Education, Division of State Libraries. p. 195.
- Anchorage's Peak Flips to Oldies
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KTMB
- Radio-Locator information on KTMB
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KTMB
|This article about a radio station in Alaska is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a location in the Municipality of Anchorage, Alaska is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|