|Broadcast area||Rochester, Minnesota|
|Branding||103.9 The Doc|
|First air date||April 1, 2008(as KLCX)|
|HAAT||172.7 m (567 ft)|
|Callsign meaning||The DOC|
|Former callsigns||KDZZ (2008)|
|Owner||Townsquare Media |
(Townsquare Media Rochester License, LLC)
|Sister stations||KDCZ, KFIL, KFIL-FM, KOLM, KROC, KROC-FM, KWWK, KYBA|
KDOC-FM (103.9 FM; "The Doc") is a radio station broadcasting an adult hits format. KDOC-FM is licensed to Eyota, Minnesota, and serves the Rochester, Minnesota metropolitan area. The station is owned by Townsquare Media.
The station signed on April 1, 2008 as KLCX, with a classic hits format; the format and call sign were moved from 107.7 FM, which was converted to active rock station KDZZ, "Z-Rock 107.7". On March 23, 2010, the station changed its call letters to KDCZ and began simulcasting KDZZ.
On August 30, 2013, a deal was announced in which Townsquare would acquire 53 Cumulus Media stations, including KDZZ/KDCZ, for $238 million. The deal was part of Cumulus' acquisition of Dial Global; Townsquare and Dial Global were both controlled by Oaktree Capital Management. The transaction was consummated effective November 14, 2013.
On April 13, 2017 at 7:30 a.m., KDCZ split from its simulcast with KDZZ and changed its format to adult hits, branded as "103.9 The Doc". On May 16, 2017, KDCZ changed its call letters to KDOC-FM; the KDCZ call letters moved to KDZZ on June 2, 2017.
- "Official: Cumulus Buys Dial Global, Spins Some Stations To Townsquare; Peak Stations Sold To Townsquare, Fresno Spun To Cumulus". All Access. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Cumulus Makes Dial Global And Townsquare Deals Official". RadioInsight. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- Variety Hits 103.9 The Doc is in Rochester Radioinsight - April 13, 2017
- Official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KDOC
- Radio-Locator information on KDOC
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KDOC
|This article about a radio station in Minnesota is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|