|Slogan||"The Voice of Sedalia|
The Voice of America"
|Translator(s)||K267CO (101.3 MHz, Sedalia)|
|Power||780 watts (unlimited)|
|Owner||Benne Media |
(Mathewson Broadcasting Company)
|Sister stations||KLOZ, KPOW-FM|
KDRO broadcasts a news/talk format.
KDRO first signed on the air at 1490 kHz on September 13, 1939.
In February 1990, Sedalia Broadcasting Corporation reached an agreement to sell this station to Mathewson Broadcasting Co. The deal was approved by the FCC on April 16, 1990, and the transaction was consummated on June 7, 1990.
In April 2006, Jim Mathewson of Mathewson Broadcasting Co. entered into a local marketing agreement with Denny Benne of Benne Broadcasting.
In Spring 2017, KDRO switched to a news/talk format.
According to the KDRO website the shows are...
MORNING SHOW 6 am - 10 am with DEREK, JEFF and MARY
GLENN BECK 10 am - 1 pm
DAVID RAMSEY 1 pm - 4 pm
MICHAEL SAVAGE 4 pm - 6pm
MARK LEVIN 6 pm - 9 pm
JOHN BATCHELOR 10 pm - 1 am
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron. Archived from the original on 2010-03-01.
- "Application Search Details (BAL-19900207EC)". FCC Media Bureau. June 7, 1990.
- Bird-Meyer, Matt (April 26, 2006). "Two radio stations to be sold soon". Sedalia Democrat. Archived from the original on October 22, 2012.
- KDRO official website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KDRO
- Radio-Locator Information on KDRO
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KDRO
|This article about a radio station in Missouri is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
- "Online Radio". www.kdro.com. Retrieved 2017-04-12.