|City||Lake Oswego, Oregon|
|Broadcast area||Portland, Oregon/Vancouver, Washington|
|Slogan||News Talk Business|
|First air date||October 20, 1997 (as KKJY)|
|Power||10,000 watts day
1,000 watts night
|Callsign meaning||Kids DiZney Radio (previous affiliation)|
|Owner||Salem Media Group
(Salem Media of Oregon, Inc.)
KDZR (1640 AM, "Talk 1640") is a radio station broadcasting a conservative talk format. Licensed to Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA, the station serves the Portland area. The station is currently owned by Salem Media Group.
Like most affiliates, KDZR has local programming on weekends. They run public affairs programming that addresses the needs of the community. The station has lots of remote events where they have games and prizes for local listeners.
The station went on the air as KKJY on 1997-10-20. On 1999-11-01, the station changed its call sign to KPBC. On 2003-02-14 to the current KDZR.
On September 15, it was announced that Salem Media Group acquired the last five Radio Disney owned-and-operated stations for sale (including KDZR) for $2.225 million. KDZR was acquired through Salem Media of Oregon, Inc., for $275,000.
- "KDZR Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "KDZR Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Lafayette, Jon (August 13, 2014). "Exclusive: Radio Disney Moving Off Air to Digital". Retrieved August 13, 2014.
- "Radio Disney to Sell the Majority of Its Stations". Billboard. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- Salem Acquires Radio Disney’s Final Five - Radio Insight
- "Application for Consent to Assignment of Broadcast Station Construction Permit or License". CDBS Public Access. Federal Communications Commission.
- Consummation Notice - Federal Communications Commission
- Salem Launches Talk 1640 Portland
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KDZR
- Radio-Locator Information on KDZR
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KDZR
|This article about a radio station in Oregon is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|