|Broadcast area||Parts of Dallas, Kaufman, Rockwall, Collin, Hunt, Ellis, and Tarrant counties|
|Branding||Mesquite Schools Radio|
|Frequency||88.5 MHz (also on HD Radio)|
|First air date||September 4, 1984 (at 88.3)|
|Callsign meaning||Education of Mesquite|
|Former frequencies||88.3 MHz (1984-1992)|
|Affiliations||Texas State Network|
|Owner||Mesquite Independent School District|
KEOM (88.5 FM) is a non-commercial educational high school radio station based in Mesquite, Texas. It is operated by the Mesquite Independent School District and broadcasts to the greater Dallas–Fort Worth Metroplex.
The station was founded by Dr. Ralph Poteet, former MISD Superintendent, to present community information in a way not possible via commercial radio stations, and to provide MISD students having interest in radio and communications with hands-on radio experience. The air staff is primarily made up of students from the five high schools in the city taking radio production classes.
The station signed on the air September 4, 1984, on 88.3 FM with 3,000 watts on a 250-foot (76 m) tower. It moved to 88.5 and increased its power to 61,000 watts in 1992 upon the completion of a new 415-foot-tall (126 m) City/School Communications Tower at Mesquite Memorial Stadium. 
KEOM airs live broadcasts of high school sports from MISD schools. The station also broadcasts music from the 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s .
Awards and honors
- Nelson, Bob (September 4, 2009). "Radio/TV Station Call Letter Origins #241". Radio History on the Web. Retrieved September 5, 2009.
- http://hdradio.com/station_guides/widget.php?id=10 HD Radio Guide for Dallas-Ft. Worth
- Goodwyn, Wade (September 28, 2009). "High School DJs Dial Dallas Back To The 1970s". All Things Considered. National Public Radio. Retrieved September 30, 2009.
- Selk, Avi (September 4, 2009). "At 25, Mesquite schools' radio station is older than its student DJs". The Dallas Morning News. Retrieved September 5, 2009.
- "KEOM History". KEOM.
- "Best Blast from the Past". Dallas Observer. Retrieved September 30, 2009.
- KEOM official website
- Mesquite ISD official website
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KEOM
- Radio-Locator information on KEOM
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KEOM
- DFW Radio/TV History
|This article about a radio station in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|