This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Broadcast area||Denver, Colorado|
|Repeater(s)||99.5-2 KQMT-HD2 (HD Radio)|
|First air date||December 1954 (as KOSI)|
|Format||Soft Oldies/Adult standards|
|Power||10,000 watts (day)|
5,000 watts (night)
|Call sign meaning||KEZW (EZ is the stations name)|
|Former call signs||KOSI (1954-1981)|
(Entercom License, LLC)
|Sister stations||KALC, KQKS, KQMT|
KEZW (1430 AM, "EZ 1430") is a radio station serving the Denver, Colorado area and playing a format of soft oldies and adult standards music. It is owned by Entercom Broadcasting. The signal is also available on sister station 99.5 KQMT HD-2. Local musical programming is presented by disc jockeys and via computer automation. Local news and weather is supplemented with CNN news. Its transmitter is located in Highlands Ranch, Colorado near Colorado Boulevard and is the only Entercom station in Denver not to have its transmitter on Lookout Mountain.
Since the station lacks live, local disc jockeys on the weekend, they cover with a lineup of paid infomercials, syndicated weekend programs and automated music. Weekend shows include The Restaurant Show, hosted by Warren Byrne Saturday mornings; Ask the Garden Pros, heard on Saturday mornings; and Randy's Auto Show, a paid local program hosted by Randy Hancock.
When the station signed on in 1954, it aired a beautiful music format as KOSI, and was paired with KOSI-FM. In 1981, it became KEZW, and adopted an adult standards format, which would last for the next three decades. On December 27, 2015, KEZW adopted the oldies format from sister station KRWZ, which was sold to Kroenke Sports and Entertainment and flipped to sports as KKSE.
On September 4, 2018, KEZW changed their format from oldies to soft oldies and adult standards, branded as "EZ 1430".
- "1430 KEZW Denver To Assume Cruisin Oldies Format - RadioInsight". radioinsight.com. 17 December 2015. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- "KSE Media Ventures Acquires KRWZ Denver From Entercom - RadioInsight". radioinsight.com. 18 December 2015. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- KEZW Denver Moves in an EZier Direction Radioinsight - September 4, 2018
- FCC History Cards for KEZW[permanent dead link]
- KEZW official website
- "The Restaurant Show" website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KEZW
- Radio-Locator Information on KEZW
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KEZW
|This article about a radio station in Colorado is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|