|Broadcast area||Longview-Marshall area|
|Repeater(s)||102.3 MHz KLJT (Jacksonville-Tyler)|
|First air date||December 5, 1986 (as KAEZ)|
|Last air date||August 9, 2016|
|Former callsigns||KAEZ (1986-1990)
|Affiliations||Hits Now!, ABC News|
|Owner||Waller Media, LLC|
KFRO-FM (95.3 FM) was a radio station that broadcast a Top 40 (CHR) format, that simulcasted KLJT in Tyler, Texas. Licensed to Gilmer, Texas, United States, the station served the Lonvgiew-Marshall area. The station is owned by Waller Media, LLC and featured programming from Hits Now! network and ABC News Radio.
The station went on the air as KAEZ on 1986-12-05. On 1990-09-17, the station changed its call sign to KLSQ, on 1993-03-01 to the current KFRO, on 1998-12-07 to KCGL, and on 1999-02-15 to the current KFRO, The station was KNIF before it was KAEZ, and was owned by Jack Daniels. He sold it to Rick Reynolds and the calls were changed to KAEZ.
On August 1, 2016, KFRO-FM and sister stations KLJT, KMPA, and KZXM were taken off the air and the staff of those stations were let go and locked out without warning by Susie Waller, the daughter of the deceased owner of the station, Dudley Waller. The website remained active through mid-August, but it was redirected to a "WordPress For Broadcasters" page due to the aforementioned lockout of staff, plus it could no longer stream any live broadcasts. The staff for "The Morning Madhouse" show apologized and thanked their listeners as well as explaining the incident in detail on the show's Facebook page.
On February 17, 2017, Waller Broadcasting filed for an extension of the Special Temporary Authority allowing KFRO-FM and its 3 sisters to remain silent for an additional 180 days. The application also states that a buyer has been found for the station, and is expected to announce a deal to transfer the four stations licenses, pending F.C.C. approval, within the next 30 days. 
- "KFRO-FM Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "KFRO Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- East Texas Stations Lock Out Staff & Go Dark - Radio Insight (published August 2, 2016)
- ITMWPB | Just another WordPress site - WordPress (accessed August 17, 2016)
- First of all we want to apologize... - "The Morning Madhouse" Facebook page (posted Monday August 1, 2016 at 6:15PM)
- 95.3 & 102.3 Breeze-FM (Official website)
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KFRO
- Radio-Locator information on KFRO
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KFRO
|This article about a radio station in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|