|Broadcast area||Wichita, Kansas|
|Branding||Classic Country 1070|
|First air date||1956|
10,000 watts day|
1,000 watts night
E.W. Scripps Company |
(Scripps Broadcasting Holdings LLC)
|Sister stations||KFDI-FM, KFXJ, KICT-FM, KYQQ|
KFTI (1070 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a classic country music format. Licensed to Wichita, Kansas, United States, the station serves the Wichita area. The station is owned by E.W. Scripps Company.
On May 27, 2010, after nearly 50 years of country music programming under the call letters KFDI and KFTI, the station switched to oldies music at 12:30PM, and then switched call letters to KLIO days later. The station aired music from the late 1950s through the early 1980s, with an emphasis on mid-'60s through mid-'70s. The station was an affiliate of Scott Shannon's True Oldies Channel.
Journal Communications and The E.W. Scripps Company announced on July 30, 2014 that the two companies would merge to create a new broadcast company under the E.W. Scripps Company name that will own the two companies' broadcast properties, including KLIO. The transaction is slated to be completed in 2015, pending shareholder and regulatory approvals.
On October 22, 2014, at Midnight, KLIO switched from "ESPN Deportes" back to Classic Country, this time as a simulcast of KFTI-FM, which will be sold to Envision, a non-profit blind advocacy group, in order to meet ownership requirements, as the Scripps buyout nulls the grandfathered ownership clause Journal had. The format and KFTI call letters moved back to AM after a 4½ year absence. The simulcast lasted until the sale of KFTI-FM was approved on December 12, 2014.
- "KFTI Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron. Archived from the original on 2010-03-01.
- "Wichita's KFTI (1070) Flips From Classic Country To "True Oldies"". Radio-Info.com. May 27, 2010. Archived from the original on January 1, 2011. Retrieved May 27, 2011.
- "Wichita's KFTI Changes Format, Call Letters". KAKE-TV.
- "Making Moves: Thursday, July 15, 2010". Radio-Info.com. Archived from the original on July 21, 2010.
- "E.W. Scripps, Journal Merging Broadcast Ops". TVNewsCheck. July 30, 2014. Retrieved July 31, 2014.
- Station Website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KFTI
- Radio-Locator Information on KFTI
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KFTI
|This article about a radio station in Kansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|