|Broadcast area||Boise metropolitan area|
|Branding||Sports Radio 630 The Fan|
|First air date||November 9, 1928 (as KIDO at 1250)|
|Power||5,000 watts (unlimited)|
|Former callsigns||KIDO (1928-2002)|
|Former frequencies||1070 kHz (1927)|
1050 kHz (1927-1928)
1250 kHz (1928-1931)
1350 kHz (1931-1941)
1380 kHz (1941-1951)
|Affiliations||Fox Sports Radio|
|Owner||Townsquare Media |
(Townsquare Media Boise License, LLC)
|Sister stations||KAWO, KCIX, KIDO, KSAS-FM, KXLT-FM|
KFXD (630 kHz) is a commercial AM radio station licensed to serve Boise, Idaho. The station is owned by Townsquare Media. It airs a sports format using the name "Sports Radio 630 The Fan" using programming from Fox Sports Radio.
On October 15, 2008, KFXD's talk radio lineup was absorbed by sister station 580 KIDO as the two stations began to simulcast, with 580 based in Nampa, Idaho and 630 based in Boise. In October 2011 KFXD changed its format to sports, branded as "630 The Fan". Then owned by Peak Broadcasting, KFXD later lost the rights to broadcast Boise State Broncos athletics, to rival AM station 670 KBOI.
On August 30, 2013, a deal was announced in which Townsquare Media would purchase Peak Broadcasting's stations, including KFXD. The deal is part of Cumulus Media's acquisition of Dial Global; Townsquare will swap Peak's Fresno, California stations to Cumulus for its stations in Dubuque, Iowa and Poughkeepsie, New York, and Peak, Townsquare, and Dial Global are all controlled by Oaktree Capital Management. The sale to Townsquare was completed on November 14, 2013.
- Broadcasting Yearbook 1977
- "Call Sign History". FCC Media Bureau CDBS Public Access Database.
- "Station Information Profile". Arbitron. Archived from the original on 2010-03-01.
- "Official: Cumulus Buys Dial Global, Spins Some Stations To Townsquare; Peak Stations Sold To Townsquare, Fresno Spun To Cumulus". All Access. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Cumulus Makes Dial Global And Townsquare Deals Official". RadioInsight. August 30, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "Cumulus-Townsquare-Peak Deal Closes". All Access. November 15, 2013. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- FCC History Cards for KFXD
- KFXD official website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KFXD
- Radio-Locator Information on KFXD
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KFXD
|This article about a radio station in Idaho is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|