|Broadcast area||Southeast Kansas
|Branding||News Radio 690AM|
|Format||News Talk Information|
|Power||10,000 watts (day)
5,000 watts (night)
|Owner||Sek Media, LLC|
KGGF (690 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a News Talk Information format. Licensed to Coffeyville, Kansas, United States, the station serves Southeast Kansas, as well as Wichita, Kansas, Tulsa, Oklahoma, and Joplin, Missouri. The station is currently owned by Sek Media, LLC, and features programming from Fox News Radio.
On March 18, 1932, the Federal Radio Commission authorized moving the KGGF studios from South Coffeyville, Oklahoma, to Coffeyville, Kansas.
Originally on 1010, then a Regional channel, with 5,000 watts maximum and 500 watts minimum, its 1941 NARBA reassignment was to 690, a Canadian Clear channel, with 50,000 watts maximum and 250 watts minimum, provided the station was 650 miles, or more, from the Canada–US border, which it was. Simultaneously, 1010 became a new Canadian Clear channel, assigned to Calgary (690 was assigned to Montreal).
The current transmitter is a Harris DX-10 installed in 1997. The station uses 2 towers (10KW) daytime and 4 towers (5KW) night.
- "KGGF Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- "KGGF Move Approved" (PDF). Broadcasting. April 1, 1932. Retrieved 2 October 2014.
- "KGGF, WHHM and KIUL Sales Come to Total of $742,000" (PDF). Broadcasting. October 20, 1947. Retrieved 14 October 2014.
- KGGF-AM's website (within www.kggfradio.com)
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KGGF
- Radio-Locator Information on KGGF
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KGGF
- FCC History Cards for KGGF
|This article about a radio station in Kansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|